TOMTOM 6200

HI, I HAVE A 6200 WHICH I HAVE NEVER UPDATED,BUT NOW WOULD LIKE TO. WEBSITE SAYS MY MODEL IS TOO OLD FOR UPDATES. IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THIS OR DO WE HAVE TO THROW AWAY TOMTOMS THAT ARE A FEW YEARS OLD BUT STILL WORKING FINE EXCEPT FOR NOT HAVING LATEST MAPS?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @LARGELUNCHBOX

Where did you get the "too old" from as a 6200 is still current, and would have come with lifetime maps, so unless it was "Europe only" then any country/continent is available free of charge
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • LARGELUNCHBOXLARGELUNCHBOX Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    HI NIALL,THANKS FOR REPLYING. ALL IVE DONE SO FAR IS TO TRY AND UPDATE THE MAPS, I WAS BEING ASKED TO ENTER THE FIRST 2 DIGITS OF SERIAL NO TO FIND MY MODEL AND IT CAME BACK WITH,TOMTOM HAS STOPPED UPDATING MY MODEL AS LATEST MAPS ARE TOO BIG A FILE SIZE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
    @LARGELUNCHBOX

"ZA"> GO 6200 Wi-Fi, 16GB + micro-SDHC, Wi-Fi NAV5 Wi-Fi

For a full map of Europe that is now 7.5 GB, you will need to buy a 16 GB class 10 SDHC memory card, to install that see my guide https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    I THINK I PUT THE WRONG 2 DIGITS IN, ANYWAY I JUST PAID £60 FOR A NEW MAP AND SPEED CAMERAS NOW THE PC SAYS TOMTOM IS NOT CONNECTED,I HATE IT STUFF ITS ALL OVER MY HEAD. ILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE KIDS TO COME HOME
    @LARGELUNCHBOX

You should not to have paid for the map, claim a refund from Customer Service

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

The updates are done on the device with it connected to your WiFi router
    See page 118 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/refman/TomTom-GO-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf

Hi, OK I have got the magnifying glass out and my serial no starts with bl so it's a via 1500/1505 m. Can I still reclaim a refund ?
    Sorry for being so dim
    @LARGELUNCHBOX

In Europe
    "BL">Start 25, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    but in USA
    "BL">VIA 1500 / 1505, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

So I doubt if your device came with 'lifetime' maps :( , so no the will not be a refund