Live services log in — TomTom Community

Live services log in

mick_n3mick_n3 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
Not sure this is in the right place but hoping somebody can help.

After not using my Truck Pro 5150 for a few months I had problems updating maps which the support team sorted, but no I want to re activate/purchase a subscription to live services and I'm unable to log into my account on the device.

The problem is it will not let me select lower case characters on the log in screen
for example my email is
[email protected] and my password is all lowercase, the device will only let me enter as follows
[email protected] I cannot change the first character so cannot log in.

Contacted support who suggested a factory reset which i have done but made no difference tried contacting them again and had no reply,.

Anybody help

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    @mick_n3

My Email Address and Password are both all in lowercase... I've not had any problems logging into my acount

ATB YFM
  • mick_n3mick_n3 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @mick_n3

My Email Address and Password are both all in lowercase... I've not had any problems logging into my acount

ATB YFM
    That is the problem mine are all lowercase but the device will not allow me to select lowercase so I can't log in
    Superusers
    HI
    @mick_n3

The Truck Pro 5150 is a NAV3 device....

My NAV3 devices Via 120 Live & Go 825 Live
    For Live services....
    From the main menu
    Tap (Services)
    Tap (MyServices)
    Tap on the required Live Service... (Traffic, Speed Cams (Safety Alerts) etc...)
    Device says Enter your email adderss
    Although the displayed 'Keyboard' keys are Uppercase the characters displayed after input are in lowercase

My devices Live Services are up to date...
    But you should also be able to update your Live Service via MyDrive connect
    Login to MyDrive Connect... Connect your device... Scroll down to Live services

ATB YFM
    That is the problem they're not in lower case after input stay in upper case, and won;t login just keeps returning to enter your email, all other characters are lower case except the first one
    Superusers
    Hi
    @mick_n3

On my NAV3 devices all of the characters displayed after input are in lowercase

My devices Live Services are up to date... therefore I cant test from MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @mick_n3

On my NAV3 devices all of the characters displayed after input are in lowercase

My devices Live Services are up to date... therefore I cant test from MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
    That won't work unless I can log in with the exact same details on the device it won't link the account to the device
    Superusers
    Hi
    @mick_n3

Although the displayed 'Keyboard' keys are Uppercase
    On my NAV3 devices all the characters displayed after input including the first character are in lowercase.....

a986befa-b495-477b-b1ad-f461b150641f.jpg
    ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @mick_n3

Although the displayed 'Keyboard' keys are Uppercase
    The characters displayed after input are in lowercase.....

a986befa-b495-477b-b1ad-f461b150641f.jpg
    ATB YFM
    I know the on screen keyboard only displays in uppercase

But As I said in first post and ones after on the display the first character is displyed in upper case and will not change.
    As in the picture the first character is upper case and will not allow me to enter it correctly in lowercase, the password screen will only allow uppercase for all characters my password is all lowercase,
    so
    unable to log in,
    unable to purchase Live services
    unable to update lifetime maps
    in all I now have a nice Tom Tom paperweight because that is now all it is any use for and I can't get a response from Tom Tom Support f6aae660-6a8f-4406-8bce-5ae202fc6e30.jpg
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,883
    Superuser
    @mick_n3

Does this uppercase problem happen with all keyboard entries, eg addresses? If so slide the sharp edge of a business card completely around the glass under the bezel to loosen any 'gunge' that might have gathered there.

Also do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Shift key works once that first character is entered upper and lower case no problem but the first character will not change to lower.

On the password entry the shift key does nothing.

Done a factory reset issue suggested by support and it's been on charge over night still the same issue