Feature Requests?

alzum
alzum Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello, is there a place for feature requests?
I would like to propose a new category for creating intervals on the watch.

The current two categories when creating warmup, work, rest and cooldown are time and distance.

Would it be possible to have a "manual" setting whereas I can tell the watch to move to the next stage?

I often jog to a particular location to start my run, and I can't specify a time or distance effectively. Similarly when I do hill reps, my jog back down the hill acts as my cooldown, not a set time or distance.

Having a manual setting where I just tap a button to tell it I'm starting my work would literally be a game changer for recording my training. As it is, I often revert to just a stopwatch and have to forego recording a run in order to train effectively and not find myself running a few metres further to trigger the distance, or waiting around for 10 seconds so that the timer tells me to start working.

Perhaps this already exists and is hidden away as a button I haven't worked out yet? One can only hope.. Thanks!

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    [Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321
    Supreme Navigator
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    TomTom left the wearables business last year and is just selling out their inventory. All development has stopped and they are in maintenance mode. There will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. The devices are supported as long as they are under warranty and the Sports site will probably live on in its current state but nothing more. You should strongly consider going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/for-how-long-will-be-devices-accounts-be-supported-1039769/index1.html#post1235501

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/when-is-the-next-big-update-coming-out-for-the-tomtom-spark-3-1039556/index1.html#post1235367
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    alzum wrote:
    Hello, is there a place for feature requests?
    I would like to propose a new category for creating intervals on the watch.

The current two categories when creating warmup, work, rest and cooldown are time and distance.

Would it be possible to have a "manual" setting whereas I can tell the watch to move to the next stage?

I often jog to a particular location to start my run, and I can't specify a time or distance effectively. Similarly when I do hill reps, my jog back down the hill acts as my cooldown, not a set time or distance.

Having a manual setting where I just tap a button to tell it I'm starting my work would literally be a game changer for recording my training. As it is, I often revert to just a stopwatch and have to forego recording a run in order to train effectively and not find myself running a few metres further to trigger the distance, or waiting around for 10 seconds so that the timer tells me to start working.

Perhaps this already exists and is hidden away as a button I haven't worked out yet? One can only hope.. Thanks!
    There is no way to do what you want and it will not be coming in the future. TomTom left the wearables business last year and is just selling out their inventory. All development has stopped and they are in maintenance mode. There will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • bitti
    bitti Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Traveler
    alzum wrote:

Having a manual setting where I just tap a button to tell it I'm starting my work would literally be a game changer for recording my training.

I'm not sure if this would work, but you can already choose Training / Laps / Manual as your workout type. Then you can create a "lap" and move to the next phase by covering the watch with your hand (this is available at least on Adventurer, but I would guess probably on other watches as well). In TomTom sports, each manual lap shows as a segment in your workout, with individual stats like speed/heartrate/distance/time, etc.

Of course this doesn't tell you whether the next phase will be cooldown, etc, but I guess in your case your already know that. :-)