RDS-TMC radio stations in Ontario Canada — TomTom Community

RDS-TMC radio stations in Ontario Canada

FradrickFradrick Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
I have a new VIA 1625M TomTom equipped with an RDS-TMC traffic receiver showing that it is active when turned on in the car. i do not get a signal and therefor do not get incidents on the traffic bar or problems that should show up on the map. There must be active radio stations out there because my friend who uses a Garmin gets everything. Can anyone please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• FradrickFradrick Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks dhn for your quick response to my query. It appears that i live too far away from Toronto to receive their signal that i require to activate my device. Unless there is another broadcaster in the area of London Ontario i think i had been given incorrect info when purchasing my TomTom. Your effort is well appreciated.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    I think London is too far from Toronto. (50 km range or thereabouts).

As you may have noticed, coverage in all of Canada is pretty slim with just four cities covered.

I'd go to the dealer for a refund of the rds-tmc antenna if I were you.
  • FradrickFradrick Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I again thank you and would take your advice but having bought it on line from TomTom store and i would have to take a return hit penalty and an extreme delivery hit i might as well take my lumps and hope for a traffic signal provider in my area in the future. One good thought is if, and when i travel to Toronto i should have traffic incidents shown on my device. Again i would like to thank you for quick and informative info.