Speed limit error — TomTom Community

Speed limit error

jlopesjlopes Posts: 46 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 16 in RIDER
Hello all.

For the last 2-3 years I have been reporting an incorrect road speed limit that strangely persists without any change. Any other reports I make on MyDrive seem to reflect in time, but this one... man, there must be something not working right.

I'm using Western Europe map on my Rider 400, and if we look at these locations:
39.618739, -8.434189
39.617672, -8.432495
39.612168, -8.429976
39.610494, -8.426309
We can see that there are several 50 km/h speed limit signs along the side of the road. Despite that, and despite my reports, my Rider's speed limit is still at 100 km/h !

Can someone please correct this?

Comments

• ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I've notice an increase in the number of speed limit errors in the last two years or so. With my early TT I was quite confident it was reporting the correct speed but now I proceed with caution until I can confirm with a road sign :(
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Yeah, kinda defeats the object of owning a GPS device which is supposed to warn you of (CURRENT) speed limits etc if it doesn't! :rage:
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 476 [Exalted Navigator]
    Yeah, kinda defeats the object of owning a GPS device which is supposed to warn you of (CURRENT) speed limits etc if it doesn't! :rage:
    It's worse than that as it's not only not giving the correct speed limits but giving misleading and potentially dangerous information. What is the matter with TomTom these days - the basic functionality of our devices is becoming more unreliable, plotting a sensible route being a prime example? They need a good kick up the you know where to encourage them to up their game.
    BrianE