Multiple devices on same account working independently? — TomTom Community

Multiple devices on same account working independently?

My wife and I have a device each and I have both devices registered to my account (5200 and 6200). When I go into MyDrive to add a new place both devices are synced which means I only have to add places once.

However, can both devices be used on different journeys, at the same time without causing interference?

I ask this because I recently left my wife's device updating a map whilst I used my device on a trip. When I got close to home I turned off my device off and upon entering the house heard her device saying something like "a new route has been found" repeatedly until I turned it off.

This got me thinking as to whether there may be a conflict having the devices linked to my account or just a coincidence?

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,220 Superusers
    Hi
    @[email protected]

Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync the route file log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with five devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the 600's, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and two NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
  • BodgerBazBodgerBaz Posts: 41 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Many thanks for the very quick response and advice. That seems a good solution. Much appreciated.