Reinstall device software - TRUCKER 5000 — TomTom Community

Reinstall device software - TRUCKER 5000

Jan.Jan. Posts: 113 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Hi all,

Been checking Google and here on the forum for details to do a complete reinstall of my device. Found old postings referring to the TT Home app, but mine is controlled via TT Connect.

I have 3 days off and want to do all I can to fix the issues I have with my TRUCKER 5000 and give it one last go.
So a reinstall is the best I can think off. A slow device, POI's and tracks loading late or not at all, recalculations go wrong and on strenuous moments the device crashes, I think is reason enough to give this a try.

Any details available on a possible flash/reformat and reinstalling software on the device?
Or any other suggestion which could solve the issues?

Thanks in advance,
Jan.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,459
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jan.

1st Option...
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • Jan.Jan. Posts: 113 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    @YamFazMan

Yes I have.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,459
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jan.

2nd reset option... 'Factory Reset'
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Reset Device
    Dont forget to Sync you MyPlaces My Routes etc using the MDW Route planner first

3rd reset option... 'Recovery Mode'
    See... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898
    Note... usually rolls back to the previous device Application
    After initiating 'Recovery Mode' you may have to re-install the latest device Application

ATB YFM
    @YamFazMan

Thanks. I will pick it up this afternoon.
    Still as slow as a :kissing: with a factory reset.
    I'll check coming week if freezes and crashes are still a thing.

I really love the mobile app on my Galaxy S8 ...... so fast, fluid, bright, lovely. :heart_eyes:
    Time for some bus/truck specs in there, so I can buy some serious good hardware to run the app and dump my TT TRUCKER 5000. Anybody?

TT hardware makes TT look bad, despite the software being really good, lotsa potential. To bad .......
    ..... and back again.
    Recovery mode. No change. Device keeps being slugish, freezes and the occasional restart are still around.

I give up.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Try support:

:flag_nl: Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1022
    Maandag t/m vrijdag : 09:00 tot 17:30
    Whatever I tried on my TRUCKER device, it kept being sluggish. NL support blamed my 300+ POI's.
    Got a new 6250 and the sluggishness is still there but not as bad.
    It is time though to be able to create maps/overlays in MyDrive so we can activate certain POI categories so as to now overload the processor and not clutter up the display. Any thoughts on this?