New GO Mobile for Android™ v1.17.5 available for download — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for Android™ v1.17.5 available for download

lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.17.5 of the GO Mobile for Android™️ and it's available in Google playstore for download. This update addresses some of the crashes which were reported to us via App.

What's new?

• Overall mobile app performance and stability improvements have been made.

Cheers,
lampard

Comments

• G-memberG-member Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What about fixing the issue with android head units running android 8???
    It always worked perfect, but since android 8 the 3d view won't work anymore.
    ON ALL AFTERMARKET HEAD UNITS!!!

I reported this a while ago and the only reaction i got is : Some android devices are not supported.
    Very strange because it did worked perfectly util android 8....

And only on head units it fails suddenly..... i did some tinckering and it seems if Tomtom deliberately causing this issue on these head units.
    If i don't flash the MCU Firmware specially for head units) everything works fine.

Now the funny part.....an MCU won't affect any app in any way so this isn't just a bug.... The Go app detects the MCU!!!!!

• Antonius_rAntonius_r Posts: 50 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.17.5 of the GO Mobile for Android™️ and it's available in Google playstore for download. This update addresses some of the crashes which were reported to us via App.

What's new?

• Overall mobile app performance and stability improvements have been made.

Cheers,
    lampard
    I installed this new release and everything seems fine. It’s a pity that it still can’t “remember” the previous destinations after turning the device off and back on.