START-UP PROBLEM on Adventurer

Mike du Toit
Mike du Toit Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have an Adventurer watch. The battery ran down and whether I plug it into the USB port or charge in otherwise, it doesn't react, it does not charge or come to life.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

If nothing above helps you may have a bad dock. At that point I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They can more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact at the bottom of this page, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Mike du Toit
    Mike du Toit Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi there,

Thank you, the one pin was bent and when I charged on a different charger, the problem was solved!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Hi there,

Thank you, the one pin was bent and when I charged on a different charger, the problem was solved!
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.