Go 825 LIVE will not recognise the memory SD card — TomTom Community

Go 825 LIVE will not recognise the memory SD card

I am unable to update my TomTom Go 825 I inserted an SD card which was then formatted but it failed to recognise the card now I have had to delete some of the Map of Europe, particularly of Germany, which I visit from time to time. I would like to know why I can't update without deleting Germany and how can I reinstate it anyway. I bought the product on the understanding that it had lifetime updates

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    What was the size of the sd card you installed? Anything over 32 gb won't work and even 32 is too much. A 16 gb SanDisk is preferred.

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • micksmithmicksmith Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ah, my sandisk is only 2gb, I will try a smaller one in a few days and report back. I will wait to see if this is a solution.
    Thanks
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    2gb is of no value. 8 or 16 gb is suggested. Especially 16 gb.
    Thanks, as I said I will try a 16gb and report back. Not able to do it until a weeks time.
    Many thanks folks, got back from short holiday, tried a new 16gb sandisk as recommended and all is tickey boo. I downloaded the maps that I previousley had deleted to free up some space and it is all back to normal with shed loads of free space.