When is the next big update coming out for the TomTom spark 3?

Tombabalooba
Tombabalooba Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
The Spark 3 last had a big update in about March this year but nothing really new changed about the spark 3. When will they add Triathlon or when is the next big update coming out anyway.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    The Spark 3 last had a big update in about March this year but nothing really new changed about the spark 3. When will they add Triathlon or when is the next big update coming out anyway.
    There is no next update. TT left the wearables market almost a year ago, laid off their staff and stopped all development. They are legacy devices in maintenance mode at this point. And triathlon support was never getting added, they made that clear years ago.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Tombabalooba
    Tombabalooba Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    So no more big updates ever
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    So no more big updates ever
    No more updates period. All production has ceased and the entire Division was laid off. The watches are dead.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RunningPig
    RunningPig Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Explorer
    Are we absolutely sure about this? My android app was updated over the weekend. If all development has stopped, then how and why was the mobile app updated?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    RunningPig wrote:
    Are we absolutely sure about this? My android app was updated over the weekend. If all development has stopped, then how and why was the mobile app updated?
    The only thing being updated is the mobile app as that is the only interface available for the Golfer watches (there is no computer sync and no website, the only way to view data is on the app) so they have to keep it working. Updates are going to be bug fixes and compatibility updates (to keep up with the Android versions) not feature updates.