TomTom issue you cannot use this map on this device - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom issue you cannot use this map on this device

2»

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi @ginty

Thanks.

The error mentioned above is usually when there is some problem with the map or the associated files installed on the device.

I would recommend that you try reinstalling the map again.

~~ Remove maps ~~

1. Connect your navigation device or memory card to your computer. Open TomTom HOME.
    2. Click Manage my device in TomTom HOME and select the Items on the device tab.
    3. Expand Maps and then select the map to be removed.
    4. Click Remove selected items, click OK to delete the map.

If you have a back up of the map stored on your computer please delete it.

~~ Install Map ~~

See video below-

Regards
    Vikram
  • gintyginty Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the advice @VikramK, that worked!
  • IvanErgaIvanErga Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello,

I have same problem with my map in my megane 2012.
    It says:
    Problem with map. You cannot use this map on this device: Italia-479.
    The SD card has been updated with TomTom Home but it still doesnt work.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,550
    Superuser
    Hi @IvanErga

Hopefully @VikramK can sort it out for you. Look out here later.

Doug
    Hi @IvanErga

I have reactivated the map for your device. Just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
  • mussadogemussadoge Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    my device was working well until one day I decided to update it and it gives me the error
    "problem with map you can not use this map on this device Europe 2gb-162"
    "problem with map you can not use this map on this device: Eastern_Europe-161
    "problem with map you can not use this map on this device: Western_Europe-161

please help ?

My device type is
    Carminat TomTom
    IA3xxxxxxxx401

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!
    Superuser
    Hi @mussadoge

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK has got a solution for you.

Doug
    Hi @mussadoge

The map has been reactivated for your device. Just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
  • mussadogemussadoge Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @VikramK Thanks a lot it worked :3:)
  • UsamaUsama Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi
    I have the navigation device(XXL Classic GQ) and I have the same problem. "you cannot use this map on this device Europe_South_West-101947".

The device was working well until there was gps problem (it takes more time to be ready).
    I have just updated the gps driver (quickfix gps update), but after that I get the following error(red screen error).
    "you cannot use this map on this device Europe_South_West-101947".

I know that that there is no more support for some devices.
    Please can you help me solve this issue?

Regards
    Usama
    Hi @Usama

Welcome to the community!

A map has been reactivated for your device. Just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
  • YiannyYianny Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited April 2020
    Hello, i have the same problem saying i cannot use this map on this device : Europe-101440. I just done a update of quick fixgps from tomtom home and this appeared. Can anyone help me? Thank you
    Superuser
    Hi @Yianny

Look back here tomorrow and hopefully @VikramK or @lampard have been able to sort things out for you.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,172 Moderator
    HI @Yianny

I've re-activated the map on your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

lampard
  • JezbarbJezbarb Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi,

I have a TomTom go 530 which has been sat in the car unused for a while, i attempted to update it using tomtom home but have had a similar error to some of the people above.

After updating it it said maps unusable so ive tried to uninstall the updated map and reinstall the old one. This just says "copying" for hours, so ive tried deleting it in the hope an update will appear but no luck. Its the UK and Ireland map that no longer works.

Any advice?
    Superuser
    Hi @Jezbarb

Hopefully @VikramK can sort out your map issue. Have a look back here tomorrow.

Doug
    Hi @Jezbarb
    Welcome to the community!

A map has been reactivated for the device. Please connect the device to TomTom HOME and download a fresh map.

Regards, Vikram
  • DzamonjozaDzamonjoza Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi,

I just updated my Renault Scenic 2010 Carminat TomTom SD card to new software
    During the process last 3 steps showed red (can't delete file...something).
    Plugged SD card back in my car and got message "You cannot use this map on this device"
    Superuser
    Hi @Dzamonjoza

Lets see if @VikramK can sort your map out for you. Look back later.

Doug
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Dzamonjoza

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,979
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Dzamonjoza
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DzamonjozaDzamonjoza Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks @VikramK , it worked.
    I'll purchase new maps soon
  • ErikasJocErikasJoc Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I bought a second hand tomtom xl live, tried to update it, the maps stopped working. what should i do? it says You cannot use this map on this device europe east 819
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,979
    Superusers
    edited 11:03AM
    Hi
    @ErikasJoc
    Welcome to the site...
    The XL Live devices are classified as End of Life....
    See.... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/#car
    Unless the device was sold with Lifetime Maps (Doubtful) ??? If the device has Lifetime Maps ??? Then the Lifetime Maps will be honoured....

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Map Account status....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM