Incorrect daily activities on Sports app

alexlev
alexlev Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I've got a problem with the Sports app which seems to have only just started.

There are daily activities showing up which are totally wrong. I only wear the watch when I am running so they can't be correct and the data showing in them looks to be so wrong too.

These activities don't show on the website which is making this even more confusing.

In the attached pictures, you can see there are some with 8 steps, 3318 steps, 3196 steps, 7 steps, 40 steps. They are all not linked to runs, you can see that in the pictures. Further to that, look at the information inside those activities - hardly anything and 1,700 calories burnt!

Does anybody know how to fix this or simply remove these? I can't see a way to delete.

a24348ac-a2d0-4105-9359-fd03601d391c.pngbdff1857-b4f1-4244-b3ee-35d2210041f0.png

f9c5a08e-eaa8-4b5e-af56-1c200261b96c.png5fd2e00e-8502-48dd-b08b-28bd68871aa7.pngbc066faa-be1b-44b1-af67-2d0545c64f43.png

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    You clearly have the 24/7 activity tracker turned on and it is doing exactly what it is supposed to. It is an entirely separate system from sports activities and works in the background, measuring your activity all day. Since you take the watch off it is not capturing steps but calories are based on your BMR so it tracks them all day even with the watch off. If you were alive and breathing, digesting, etc. then you were burning calories and that is what a 24/7 activity tracker is supposed to be tracking. It computes a BMR based on your gender, height, weight, etc. and takes this along with steps and sports activities to come up with calories burned.

Just click down and go to Tracker>Off to turn it off and this will stop showing up. I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • alexlev
    alexlev Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks - but I have always had that on before and it didn’t used to do this.

if I turn it off, will it have any negative impact on my running tracking?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    As I said, they are separate systems and have nothing to do with each other. I do not use it on mine as I have no use for the data.