edited January 2019 in Map quality
Do tom tom have any plans to include bus lanes on their navigation systems

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,903
    Superuser
    @silver surfer

What details are you wanting?
    1) lanes only open at certain times? -
    • If a neighbouring lane is in the same direction, will be difficult to distinguish between them.
    • If exclusive road, for 'normal' vehicles treat like a timed no-entry, but the difficult bit will be to not include Pro devices that have type set to 'bus'
    2) Pedestrian zones with bus access?
  • silver surfersilver surfer Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ideally all bus lanes on roads rather than pedestrian areas. I have been caught out a few times where the normal highway suddenly includes a bus lane. I appreciate bus lane in same direction maybe difficult but TOM TOM does provide lane guidance could this be adapted?
  • SteadyManSteadyMan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree with your comment silver surfer about specific lane guidance, I was hoping as a coach driver that the tomtom 6250 I purchased recently would include and factor in bus lanes/routes/gates, buses only roads, 7.5 tonne goods restricted roads etc when routing in bus mode.. It doesn't appear to do so..
  • dazzkdazzk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    As someone who has now had two PCN's this year thanks, in part, to my TomTom routing me down a bus lane, I would very much like to see this added.
  • D0GD0G Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I just got a PCN from Norwich City Council for driving into the Grove road part-time bus lane ... following the TomTom directions which diverted me to avoid traffic. The device should issue some kind of warning when a road maybe a bus lane :(
  • Kippax25ukKippax25uk Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have followed Tom Tom instructions and gone through a bus lane I could not get out of because a bus came right up behind me preventing me and it had cctv so I'm expecting a fine now. And in London this week it has twice taken me on bus only roads. Surely with todays technology tomtom can come up with these details to prevent us getting fines or will tom-tom pay our fines.