Caller ID no longer displayed on Android Pie

lukasz.szmigiellukasz.szmigiel Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,

I've noticed that when paired with phone, watch no longer displays caller ID during calls. It vibrates and displays phone icon, but no number or name (when caller is saved in phone's contacts).

I'm on Google Pixel XL, 1st gen.

Everything worked fine on Android 8.1. It no longer does on Android 9 (pie).

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,187 [Superusers]
    They changed something in Android when they updated it. You are lucky you are getting a connection at all frankly. Considering they left the industry last year and all development ahs stopped it may never be resolved. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lukasz.szmigiellukasz.szmigiel Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Who do you mean by "they left the industry"?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,366 [Superuser]
    @lukasz.szmigiel

TomTom are not producing any more sports related devices, and are selling off their old stock, so once that has gone there will be no more :(
  • lukasz.szmigiellukasz.szmigiel Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Oh, I see. So no more updates. TomTom sports watch is pretty much self-sufficient - I can live with synchronizing it via USB. As long as it works it's ok.

It would be nice if TomTom would release their software as open source. I believe there is a huge community willing to develop their own version of firmware.