Unable to update the device using MyDrive Connect — TomTom Community

Unable to update the device using MyDrive Connect

BrianGeeBrianGee Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Hi, I’m looking for a bit of help regarding updating my sat nav.
At the start of the week I decided to update my sat nav. I plugged it into the computer and connected to MyDrive Connect. At first, the sat nav seemed to be updating okay but it got to about 70% and crashed. After several attempts at retrying the update it came to my knowledge that there was not enough memory on the sat nav for the updates to install. Since then, I’ve bought a 32Gb memory card that is compatible with the sat nav. And I’m trying to do the update again, however, the sat nav seems to be in a continuous loop where as soon as I plug it into the computer it automatically try’s to perform the updates without giving me the option to do them on the memory card....I have no way of stopping this and therefore it crashes every time. I’ve tried going into the settings of the MyDrive connect on the computer to empty the download folder and even tried putting the sat nav into recovery mode but don’t seem to be getting anywhere at all.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    Do you have the latest version of MyDriveConnect installed (18.200)? That one will allow for cancelling a download.

Also, might an antivirus affecting proper transmission?

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.