Why is RIDER 450 so much worse than 2013?

Stu369Stu369 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in RIDER
Just got a 450 and first impressions are it is worse than my previous Rider V4 from 2013.
  1. You can't set it to ask what type of route you want to plan (your chosen option is buried deep in the settings for all time)
  2. It navigates to waypoints. (these are irrelevancies simply used to choose a particular road)
So many other downgrades, I am so disappointed with my new product that I was looking forward to.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,795 Superusers
    Hi
    @Stu369

(1)... The previous method of asking what kind of route to take, happening on a route by route basis during the 'planning' process, is NOT available on NAV4/5 (Wi-Fi) devices

On NAV4/5 (Wi-Fi) devices you Plan and Calculate the route
    The vast majority of the time I want the 'Fastest route' (Job Done)

If say I want to 'Avoid Motorways'...
    After Planning and Calculating the route
    I Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> Change route type... Choose Route Type (Avoid Motorways)
    Note... This change only applies to the current route
    For the next route, the device will default back to the 'Route Type' you have chosen in the Settings menus i.e... For me the 'Fastest route'

(2)... You can't define Hard and Soft Stops (Route modifiers)
    Unlike the previous Rider devices the Rider 4xx & 5xx devices do not differentiate between .ITN Route Hard & Soft Stops/Waypoints...

The device will announce at each waypoint whether its an actual Stop for say Lunch/Fuel or a route modifying waypoint...

The device will announce "You have reached your waypoint" plus an address/location (If the MDW Route planner has recognised it as an actual address/location)

It doesn't bother me announcing every waypoint , but it drives some users mad

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,795 Superusers
    Hi
    @Stu369

The Navigation Instructions & Warning Sounds are 'OK' for me (I use Spoken Warning Sounds)... The Volume is set using the Headset Volume Controls

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'