Inserting an POI to a route

tugmantugman Posts: 335 [Revered Navigator]
edited January 22 in RIDER
Having recently learnt how to produce POI I now want to insert them into a route. So far all I am able to do is to select an POI and the unit/planning platform only produces a route direct to one point. It does not appear that multiple POI can be used together as part of the same route?
By the way I have received some very good service from TomTom service department with regard to a warranty claim/repair.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,765 Superusers
    Hi
    @tugman

Plan a route on your device using POIs
    For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust...
    To plan a route to three "National Trust" properties using POIs
    Dudmaston Hall --> Hanbury Hall --> The Greyfriars

(1)... Route Start-point... Dudmaston Hall
    From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall a quick menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Tap 'Use as a Starting Point'

(2)... Route Destination... The Greyfriars
    From the main screen
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type The(Greyfriars) (Or as much of the word that's required for The Greyfriars appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on The Greyfriars a quick menu opens... Tap on the 'Drive' Icon... The device calculates the route

(3)... Add Stop... Hanbury Hall
    From the main screen
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type Han(bury Hall) (Or as much of the word that's required for Hanbury Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Hanbury Hall a quick menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Tap 'Add to Current Route'... The device re-calculates the route to include Hanbury Hall

For more Stops... Repeat from bullet-point (3)
    If the Start-point is your present location... Start at bullet-point (2)

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Thanks for detailed explainations but you appear to be working on the unit. I prefer to use a pc as the map is larger. Is it possible to carry out the same operation on a pc and then use the normal transfer method onto the unit.
    I generally prefer to use my route app for for route planning.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,765 Superusers
    Hi
    @tugman

I'm not aware of any Route planners that allow you to install YOUR OWN or 3rd party POI Categories and use them for route planning

The Method I use.... its a two stage process using the device & the MDW Route planner to Sync the POI locations to the MDW Route planner for inclusion in the route

Stage (1)... On your NAV4/5(Wi-Fi) Device
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyPlaces... Select a POI Category e.g... National Trust
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall... A Quick Menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add to my places
    Rename the MyPlace or Tap 'Add' to accept the offered Name
    Dudmaston Hall is synced to the MyDrive Web Route planner

Stage (2)... On the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Open MyPlaces... Left click on Dudmaston Hall
    The MDW Map zooms into Dudmaston Hall
    Right Click On the blue Dudmaston Hall Icon

If you are starting a new Route you're offered....
    'Use as a Starting point'
    Or
    'Plan a Route'

If the Route is all ready started you're offered....
    'Add a Stop'

I tend ignore the Menu that opens... And simply Left or Right click on the Blue MyPlaces Icons

On the device, you may need to occasionally edit/tidy the MyPlaces list

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'