MyDrive Map display starts tiltng and rotating — TomTom Community

MyDrive Map display starts tiltng and rotating

SomersetBoySomersetBoy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
When using MyDrive there are times when the map starts to tilt and rotate with mouse cursor movements for no reason that's apparent to me. I cab get it to return to 2D flat view with North at the top by clicking on the compass but as soon as I move the cursor again the maps immediately starts rotating and tilting again. It makes it unusable in terms of plotting or manipulating a track so I have to close down and start again .

Anyone able to help?

Justin

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,666
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SomersetBoy

That's normal... The 3D view is a feature... Right Click on the Map and hold the mouse button in, move the pointer around to change the Map angle view point and Up & Down to change the viewing plane
    Click the North-up Compass button under the + & - Icon (Screen right) to revert back to the normal North-up 2D view

ATB YFM
  • SomersetBoySomersetBoy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Thanks for getting back to me

I've tried doing that which resolves the issue very briefly, but as soon as I move the mouse pointer back over the map again it starts rotating and tilting again straight away and I cannot select further points or slide the map up/down left/right etc. Sometimes the compass disappears and isn't there either.

Is there anyway of switching the feature off as it seems to have a life of its own! :-)

Justin
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,958
    Superuser
    @SomersetBoy

When you have finished viewing in 3d you need to click on the compass, see3bfc4ffa-31d7-49d1-a448-8166c293f1dc.jpg

to return to you current position click on 8f1d698c-c45e-4492-9c8c-e6be844822c8.jpg
  • SomersetBoySomersetBoy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ah. When I do that it takes me off to the centre of london ( I live in somerset) and anyway as I'm trying to plan some trips in france I have to renavigate a few hundred miles across the map!

How can I change that default map centering and stay on the part of the map I'm working on?

Many thanks

Justin
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,666
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SomersetBoy

The first time you used the MyDrive Web Route planner a small window opened to ask you if you wanted to use your present location as your default location... This is called Geo-Location I guess you answered yes

Geo-Location Settings
    Which Web Browser are you using for the MDW Route planner....

[h3]Microsoft (Edge) Windows....[/h3]Click on the Windows Start button --> Setting --> Privacy --> Location
    [h3]c17f86ed-5318-46b4-8576-3e6a80d2db99.png[/h3][h3]Firefox....[/h3][h3]016f413b-1b08-4962-a1ad-03fa0ba0c6b8.png Chrome....[/h3]253d688f-7831-4be8-ae1c-065d9f4f1fda.pngATB YFM