TomTom Start 25 Satnav issue? — TomTom Community

TomTom Start 25 Satnav issue?

Tom Tom Start 25 , had this unit for a while has been working flawlessly up until one day it decided randomly that it wants to home during a planed journey elsewhere, it then cycles through a few screens until I hit the back button then it continues as it should for a while, but it keeps giving voice commands OK to the planned destination as well when this happens, I wonder if a dodgy update may have thrown it out at some point, often it works OK as well for some time?

I have fully updated it several times (it has lifetime European maps) just recently I found out how to re-set & reload the core operating system, but after testing it did this again, anyone heard of this problem/solution?

Comments

• Bri212Bri212 Posts: 29 [Master Explorer]
    Is there any other way of contacting tom tom support directly, phone, email, online chat, as I can't seem to find it ?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,767
    Superuser
    @Bri212

To contact Customer Services

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Spoke to support line, They just got me to update, factory reset but problem still persists with no resolution, it seems a rouge update in the past may have caused this but new updates haven't rectified it yet, unless anyone has any further idea's as to what's up?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,767
    Superuser
    @Bri212

That should have cured it, but I will ask around
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,871 Moderator
    Hi @Bri212

I had a quick look at the contact history on your account. Unfortunately, I am not able to find the incident number for your contact regarding this issue.

If you can click on this link to sent me the incident number through a private message then I can have a look for further assistance.

Regards
    Vikram
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi @Bri212

I had a quick look at the contact history on your account. Unfortunately, I am not able to find the incident number for your contact regarding this issue.

If you can click on this link to sent me the incident number through a private message then I can have a look for further assistance.

Regards
    Vikram

Just sent

Cheers
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,051
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Bri212

Use a stiff piece of thin card to clean between the edge of the screen and the bezel
    Gunge in the gap will give ghost menu entries
    Also have you fitted a Screen protector ??? a cheap or poor fitted Screen protector can give ghost touch screen errors

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @Bri212

Use a stiff piece of thin card to clean between the edge of the screen and the bezel
    Also have you fitted a Screen protector ??? a cheap or poor fitted Screen protector can give ghost touch screen errors

ATB YFMHi
    @Bri212

ATB YFM

Yeah I heard that one before about the card clean, did kind of give it a go, maybe I should try it again, no screen protector on the unit