POI on TomTom Professional 6250

Serg13
Serg13 Registered Users Posts: 3
Neophyte Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello. I'm interested in adding more icons to the POI. Thank you.

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,114
    Superuser
    @Serg13

Sorry to say but the analyst who specified these new NAV4/5 devices did not think that level of customisation was necessary, only recently can you assign one of a limited number of "blobs" to a custom POI,
  • Serg13
    Serg13 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thank you. I think that it was more practical to be able to add the badges to the POI.
    example: truck, parking, beach, park.
    e84d1302-99e6-4c01-b80a-cb37361860e2.jpg
  • trucker6000
    trucker6000 Registered Users Posts: 152
    Master Explorer
    I am considering selling my tomtom 6250, get another make, my old tomtom was better had poi category for company delivery depots as I was an agency driver.
    Plus choose your own poi graphics.
  • kingjohn6200
    kingjohn6200 Registered Users Posts: 122
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Its true you cant download the old poi and have them warn you.

They will now show on maps, perhaps you can find them snd add the location for each depot?

I dont know of any other makes as good as the tomtom despite the many annoying problem
  • VanguardScotland
    VanguardScotland Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Yes, it is a bit annoying that I can't see a way to put pois into folders or groups. The list is going to be massive for some people. There's probably a limit to how many 'favourites' i can have. Is there?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    Hi
    @VanguardScotland

I use this method as a workaround for my "_Favorite" Category...
    Your POI Category or multiple Categories could be as many as you like and named anything you choose
    (This Workaround also Saves the MyPlaces blue star screen clutter)

Create a POI Category with your Favorite places
    Using your PC to build your own MyPlaces (Favorites) Database and load them into your Go
    Download the Free Tyre to Travel Basic.....
    Here... http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/
    Using the large screen on your PC to view the maps, it easier than to scrolling around the screen of your Tomtom GO to find your MyPlaces (Favorites)

(1)..... Run Tyre to Travel
    Wait for Tyre to stop being busy

(2).....Double Click on the Tyre map at the position you would like to create a POI (Favorite) or use the yellow box in Tyre to search for addresses postcodes etc...

(3)….. To prevent double entry's in MyPlaces on the GO, when you are planning POI's (_Favorites), edit the names of your POI's so they each POI has a unique name that means something to you or modify the Name offered by Tyre so it becomes unique
    (3.1)..... When you have finished compiling your list,
    (3.2)….. From the Tyre "File Tab" select "Convert to a TomTom POI File”

e5b145ab-3a27-4fab-8142-8acd71b104de.png
    (3.3)….. From the Tyre "File Tab” Select “Save as" I saved my file to the Desktop as "_Favorites (Note "_Favorites.ov2" The Underscore before the "_F" is not displayed on the Tomtom screen, but it forces the POI category to the top of the list

Note: Saving a file is the only way I have found to give the file the name you want rather than the default name, it’s also handy to have a backup of your .Ov2 file on your PC

(4.0)..... Use My Drive to load your New Favorites POI Category to your device

Using MyDrive.....

You can now delete the MyPlaces that aren't required (Saves the MyPlaces blue star screen clutter) and use your New Favorites POI Category instead

Searching a POI Category
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1241063/#Comment_1241063

ATB YFM