GO 600 bluetooth connection to phone is on and off — TomTom Community

GO 600 bluetooth connection to phone is on and off

cupalskycupalsky Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
I just updated map to ver. 1015. MY Drive took forever waiting on device. But devise says it is connected. I did a reset and the update downloaded. When I used device in car, bluetooth gets connected then right away it says lost connection to phone. And this cycles back and forth.
The funny thing is I first did an update on my newer GO 600 and everything worked fine on that devise. So what screwed up my older GO 600 bluetooth connection?
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Also, support to assist:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
  • simon0362simon0362 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Have had a similar problem for the last 4+ months - tried all of the options including resetting TT, resetting the network on my iPhone 7, problem sometimes goes away, then returns again.
    Response from TT after taking up with support:

"Unfortunately, currently we do not have a solution for this issue. However, the developers count on identifying and solving issues by analizing the logs and delivering fixes for the forthcoming software updates. Once the new software application will be released you will be notified by e-mail.

We do appreciate your understanding and patience in this case."

Good luck, I hope you find a better solution than I have.
  • cupalskycupalsky Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    thanks all for your input. mine is working again. this is what i did.
    took out the micro sd card, wiped the terminals, reinserted.
    connected to my pc. opened bluetooth on my cellphone, opened the tomtom app and logged in.
    opened mydrive on pc, services on gps,paired my phone. mydrive said i was up to date. then suddenly it said updating which lasted maybe 15 seconds. used it in my car and voila, no more phone lost connection message.
    i dont know which action corrected the error but anyway hope it works for others with the same problem.