Unable to Sync or connect via computer — TomTom Community

Unable to Sync or connect via computer

wfngwfng Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have not been able to sync my TomTom watch with my phone properly, it started syncing for a few seconds and then a message came up "unable to upload activity", and I tried connect my watch to the computer, and the computer doesn't even recognise the watch..Does anyone experience similar issue and have suggestions on how to fix this?
Many thanks,

P.S. I managed to get the connection to my computer by pressing hard against the dock, but then still couldn't sync because "it could not update the QuickGPSfix"...

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    It sounds like your dock is bad and it is not making a full connection. Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. If none of the above helps you may have a bad dock. Call Customer Support and see what they can do. If you are still under warranty they will replace it, if not they can sell you a new one. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact at the bottom of this page, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wfngwfng Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the suggestion. The dock looks ok - nothing obvious but I am no expert! It's been working fine for the past 18 months...
    I can get it to "work" but a bit temperamental. I'll contact Customer support to get a replacement..

But I am still also having problem with syncing with my phone (an iPhone 7 -iOS 11.4.1) too.., but again it is a bit "hit and miss".. any idea?

Fai