Cannot connect to Mydrive Connect through Firefox anymore — TomTom Community

Cannot connect to Mydrive Connect through Firefox anymore

dutchkinddutchkind Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
When I try to connect to the website Mydrive Connect with Firefox (latest available version) the page will not show anything except for a warning that "for the best experience I would need to use the most recent version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome. Just over a week ago it all worked OK, and now suddenly it stopped working? Please fix this, TomTom, I already have the latest version and should be able to connect without problem. Just remove the check and let users themselves see if they need another browser.

And yes, on the same pc I can connect with Chromium, but I want to connect with Firefox

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,860
    Superuser
    @dutchkind

Are you going to this page in Firefox? https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/2985
  • dutchkinddutchkind Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @Niall,
    No, I was talking about accessing https://mydrive.tomtom.com. Sorry for the confusion I created. I myself confused them because of the same names they bear. Thanks anyway for the time you took to respond.

So my problem was about accessing the website where I normally was able to plan a route and send it to my TomTom, which is now not accessible anymore using Firefox.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Hi
    @dutchkind

Same here...
    I can't log into my account a white square appears then disappears (No Text)
    I've switched to Chrome, working well, fast screen redraw

Edit... Firefox working today Thursday

ATB YFM
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,333
    Superusers
    Problem with Edge as well. No buttons to the left of the choices for kilometers or miles, etc to select.

The buttons are there in IE11.

@VikramK Perhaps you wish to pass this problem on to the product team in charge of coding for MyDrive Web.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hello all

Yes, this is an intermittent bug which was forwarded to the team early last week, it was also reported here.

I will add this to the ticket.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Hi @dutchkind

Are you still experiencing the same issue, using Firefox?

If yes, please mention the current version of the browser here please..

Thanks
    Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Hi Vikram

Firefox 61.0.2 (64-bit)
    Just checked... Duff again... I can't log into my account a white square appears then disappears (No Text)

EDIT... Cleared Firefox cache with CCleaner now works OK

ATB YFM
    My version is 61.0.2 (64-bits) as well. And for me the problem persists.
    Thanks YamFazMan and dutchkind, I will forward the findings.

btw, @dutchkind could you try clearing the browser cache and history and test it again.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    My browser profile is always clean after each reboot so there is nothing in cache. And just before posting I manually tried that as well to no avail
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,333
    Superusers
    It continues to not work for me in Edge. The white login box (blank) appears quickly and then disappears.

Clearing cookies is a pain in the rear end to be honest. Clearing the cache in Edge does not help.
    Is there any hope for a solution? It's still not working.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,860
    Superuser
    @dutchkind

Check that you have the latest version of your graphics driver
    Niall wrote:
    @dutchkind

Check that you have the latest version of your graphics driver

I use a Linux version that always has the latest stable version of available software, which includes the drivers. But it is strange to me that it all works, and then the next day it stops working. So it doesn't seem to me that it is due to an old version of anything, rather that something is too new.

But since there is no information on what the Tom Tom website actually checks to determine if a browser is compatible, I cannot really troubleshoot. I already tried with addons disabled, tried it in other Firefox profiles, tried with different user agents, to no avail. If I know what is being checked, I can see if I can find a solution.