Still waiting for download to be available — TomTom Community

Still waiting for download to be available

MatterooMatteroo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I need assistance from TomTom UK. The Mon-Fri helpline needs a weekend option when things go wrong.
I bought a map update and installed the HOME software for my in built Sat nav on my Fiat 500x, plus a usb stick. Yet my order is just 'in progress' since yesterday AM.
TomTom need to wake up and see that customers need help and have downloads available 24/7 not just weekdays in business hours.
Can someone help?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,166 Moderator
    Hi Matteroo

Welcome to the community!

The order shows as confirmed now but I doubt that the UK & ROI map you purchased is not compatible with your U Connect device. It also shows incompatible in our systems.

c529c010-f949-4a37-a5cd-3befb7d8f7dd.jpg

The device originally comes with the map of Europe I guess you will have to order the same map.

I would suggest that you connect the device and see if the map is offered for download, if not then please contact customer service to arrange for a refund so you can order the Europe map.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • MatterooMatteroo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram
    The only download button I see in the order page is for the invoice. Does this mean I can't download, or is the item downloadable somewhere else?
    Regards
    Matt
  • MatterooMatteroo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nothing in Home software either :disappointed_relieved:
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,166 Moderator
    hi Matteroo

The maps can be downloaded using TomTom HOME.

As I said before the map shows incompatible in the systems so please raise a refund and then you can order the Europe map.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Very confusing for him. Maybe just the language thing but IF that UK map he bought is NOT compatible with his device then it should not be allowed to happen!
    Surely some checksum or similar in the mapshop should stop customers buying maps and only then being told they can't use them with a non-apologetic, "never mind, just ask for a refund"