Marked locations on the device Rider not deletable — TomTom Community

Marked locations on the device Rider not deletable

cmelakcmelak Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in RIDER
Hi everyone! I have about ten locations on the Rider which I have not put in. I think there were there from the start and they cannot be deleted - not selectable on the edit option. Has anyone got the same problem?
Also, as the list of my places grows larger and longer, is it possible to save it to the PC and delete them on the device to keep the reminder of the rides? Ideally it would be easier to create a subfolder with separate holidays but that is not available.

Thanks ahead for the suggestions!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,977 Superusers
    Hi
    @cmelak

For the NAV4 Rider 4xx and the NAV5(Wi-fi) Rider 5xx

If you mean the Tomtom pre-installed Biker related POI categories you can't delete those categories

Many users have asked for the facility to backup their MyPlaces to a PC I've posted this How to guide using the method developed by User GEB
    It looks complicated but it isn't, most of the process steps are for the installation of the programs and set-up and are only required once...
    Then it's simply Drag 'n' Drop of a few files
    Link to Post.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/faq-what-mydrive-and-what-can-i-do-with-it-990620?postid=1159989

Important... Tomtom has recently changed the file type from a .txt file to a .gz (Zipped file) The file will need unzipping using something like Z-Zip file Manager before you can drop the file into Notepad ++
    Z-Zip file Manager...https://7-zip.org/

I use this method as a workaround for my "_Favorite Catagory"... Your POI Category titles could be anything you choose
    Create a POI Category with your Favorite places
    Using your PC to build your own MyPlaces (Favorites) Database and load them into your Go
    Download the Free Tyre to Travel Basic..... http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/
    Tyre To Travel uses Google Maps and the large screen on your PC to view the maps, it easier than to scrolling around the screen of your Tomtom GO to find your MyPlaces (Favorites)

(1)..... Run Tyre to Travel
    Wait for Tyre to stop being busy

(2).....Double Click on the Tyre map at the position you would like to create a POI (Favorite) or use the yellow box in Tyre to search for addresses postcodes etc...

(3)….. To prevent double entry's in MyPlaces on the GO, when you are planning POI's (_Favorites), edit the names of your POI's so they each POI has a unique name that means something to you or modify the Name offered by Tyre so it becomes unique
    (3.1)..... When you have finished compiling your list,
    (3.2)….. From the Tyre "File Tab" select "Convert to a TomTom POI File”

e5b145ab-3a27-4fab-8142-8acd71b104de.png(3.3)….. From the Tyre "File Tab” Select “Save as" I saved my file to the Desktop as "_Favorites (Note "_Favorites.ov2" The Underscore before the "_F" is not displayed on the Tomtom screen, but it forces the POI category to the top of the list

Note: Saving a file is the only way I have found to give the file the name you want rather than the default name, it’s also handy to have a backup of your .Ov2 file on your PC

(4.0)..... Use My Drive to load your New Favorites POI Category to your device

Using MyDrive.....
    [video]
    You can now delete the MyPlaces that aren't required (Saves the MyPlaces blue star screen clutter) and use your New Favorites POI Category instead

If needed, you can search a POI Category: See.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/tomtom-launches-mydrive-976972?postid=1004348

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'