Unrealistic calorie count for road cycling

Rach89
Rach89 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Can anyone help? My tomtom watch has recently started showing unrealistic calorie burn for road cycling - e.g a 60 mike cycle previously showed around 1600-1800 calories but now this is the same for a 25-30 mile cycle. We’ve been out today for 72 miles and it’s close to 3500!
I wondered if it might think I’m doing it on a mountain bike? And if so how do I correct this?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Cycling mode uses METs rather than HR for calories so it is based solely on pace and personal stats, so if the pace was materially different or your personal stats are wrong the calories will be wrong. You are better off taking the HR and using an online calculator to come up with a more realistic count of calories burned as the METs are fairly meaningless.

Nothing has changed on the programming side as all development stopped last year when TT left the wearables industry so there is no other explanation for the difference. You can always do a factory rest in case your firmware has a glitch of some kind in it.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.