No roads drawn during directions

AblationAblation Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
abc

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ablation

Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • AblationAblation Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've rebooted many times. It's and Android Auto head unit running Android Oreo. I've done a full restart of the device, it's running on wifi, and yet the maps are not displayed correctly while in 3D mode.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Go Mobile is made for smartphones not for radios.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18708
  • VjkdigitalVjkdigital Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Try changing the view from 3d to 2d
  • 1979Damian1979Damian Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ablation wrote:
    I've rebooted many times. It's and Android Auto head unit running Android Oreo. I've done a full restart of the device, it's running on wifi, and yet the maps are not displayed correctly while in 3D mode.

Is it one of the Chinese brand units such as Xtrons that contains a PX5 (8 core) CPU? If so you're out of luck, the software has had a "bug" for about a year that stops the 3D view rendering correctly on these units.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    One only has to go to the Xtrons website to see what GPS android app it supports.

fa3f5651-9aef-49b5-af05-12da5549c1cc.jpgfa3f5651-9aef-49b5-af05-12da5549c1cc.jpg
    Why we keep going around and around on this issue.

If user's what TomTom GPS app to work on their Head Unit then take it up with the manufacturers of the Head Unit.

But before you put you money out on a 3rd party Head Unit do your homework and see what GPS apps will work.
  • Erik65Erik65 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    So when will TomTom fix this? I've been a loyal customer to TomTom go, and now I've purchased a head unit (who claims that the support TomTom, but guess what, no 3D view), I like to keep using TT. It's up to TT to fix it, as they will lose their market share for sure if they don't adapt to new technology.
    You can't go on sulking that Intel is just not supported and check compatibility blah blah blah. In 10 years, all cars will have onboard android. Tomtom will be used only by a couple of bicycle hippies.

Cheers!