Sports bands being used for waterobics - possible?

MightyMarilMightyMaril Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 28 in TomTom Touch
I've noticed that the tracker is tightly sealed in the band, and want to use it when I'm in my very active waterobics class. Has anyone done something like that?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,337 Superusers
    It is not recommended that you submerge the device. It is splash proof, not waterproof and the micro-USB port is not a watertight connection. You can try it but any damage will not be covered by warranty. It is not going to give you much data as the HR will be inaccurate in the water and steps will not count properly either due to the limited movement in water.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MightyMarilMightyMaril Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Wish they could make a sealed band!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,337 Superusers
    Wish they could make a sealed band!
    Then how would you get the watch out? If it is removable water will seep in. It is a moot point as they have left the wearables market and all development has stopped on the devise. They are simply selling out their existing inventory and they are in maintenance mode form now on.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.