Issue updating Tom Tom Home caught in loop — TomTom Community

Issue updating Tom Tom Home caught in loop

BigAl62BigAl62 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
I have a Tom Tom XL340-M (I know it's old, but it works great). When I hook it up to my computer and Tom Tom Home launches I get a message saying I need to update Home to version 2.11.3.150 and that I am using version 2.10.1.500. The problem is that I HAVE version 2.11.3.150 installed and when I cancel the message, it closes Home and launches the Install Wizard for the update and even though I let it run it's course, I get the same message when I open home. I have tried both "Modify" and "Repair" options.

This is frustrating as all get out!!! All I want to do is update the maps on mt unit as I'm going on a trip soon. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,363
    Superusers
    Bad news. The 340 is considered End of Life by Tomtom. Thus, no further map updates are possible.
  • BigAl62BigAl62 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    It says "Lifetime Maps", silly me thought that meant LIFETIME, not Tom Tom's idea of "lifetime". Oh well, I hope it's up to date enough to keep me from falling off the edge of the Earth. Thanks for the answer.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,363
    Superusers
    That's different! Tomtom has said they will honour lifetime map subscriptions on EOL devices.

Call support but do NOT respond with a model when prompted in order for a live agent to come on line. Discuss the problem you are having with him/her. And emphasize that yours is a lifetime map model:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
  • BigAl62BigAl62 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you, I'll give that a try.