Delete a map from Start 20 using MyDrive Connect

Hi I want to buy and download a map of South Africa but there will not be enough space on my device. I want to be sure I can delete the current UK map before I spend any money. Please can you let me know how I can delete the map as I am connected to my PC via MyDrive Connect. Many Thanks

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    More convenient to add a sd card to the device to handle map expansion and future maps. A 16 gb SanDisk is a good choice.

See below:

[video]
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,523 Superuser
    @goodybg

As you have to have at least one map on your device at all times for it to work at all, it would be better to get a 8 GB class 10 SDHC memory card, then follow my guide to install it https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • CCMailmanCCMailman Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    What horrible answers, as a TomTom Start 20 CANNOT ACCEPT A MEMORY CARD!!!! In order to upload the map I have always been using, I need to delete the old map, and reinstall the new one. HOW IS THIS DONE??
    Niall wrote:
    @goodybg

As you have to have at least one map on your device at all times for it to work at all, it would be better to get a 8 GB class 10 SDHC memory card, then follow my guide to install it https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256

Wrong answer for a Start 20, as it does not accept external memory
    @CCMailman

I have a Start 20 and I can tell you that it definitely does have a memory card slot see position 3 below
    43316060-a298-456d-8715-376ae58fde81.jpg
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Mine claims to be a Start 20, and there IS NO SLOT That is what TOMTOM drive ID's it as when I hook it up. I can take pictures of all side of it if you would like
    @CCMailman

Look at this video between 1:46 and 1:53 that is where the slot is on your START 20 / VIA 14XX
    [video]

Otherwise check that you device is actually a START 20 by entering the first characters of the serial number here https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15944/locale/en_US

But as you are in the US
    "AP">VIA 1400 / 1405, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "AY">VIA 1410 / 1415, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

whereas in Europe
    "AP">Start 20, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "AY">Start 20, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

So they are the same device but TomTom confusingly calls them different names on different continents :(