In Canada and shopping on site — TomTom Community

In Canada and shopping on site

jatcojatco Posts: 90 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
I live in Canada, log in and when I go to shop..TT recognizes where I am and asks if I want to shop in Canada. When do, TT site flips to French instead of my preferred language. Why is that.?
The majority of Canada speaks English.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    I have the same problem as well. Just go to the bottom of the screen, right side, and click the English link to change. Unfortunately, the change probably won't 'stick' the next time you log in.
  • jatcojatco Posts: 90 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I'll try that nxt time. What I've been doing is changing the FR to EN in the search bar.
  • murwoodmurwood Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No English option given for shopping in Canada.
    Anyone know how to contact the webmaster?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    Click on the Canada flag on the screen. At the bottom right, you should see little links for English or French. Click as appropriate.

Well, Now that I'm finally back on line to the Discussions Forum after 2+ months of trying to get things sorted out with changing my email address and numerous emails to TT Support Team (reference number 191215-000240).., my User Name, Jatco is still not displayed.. but -at least I'm In. A most frustrating experience.
    I would like to thank VikramK for his initial assistance back when, tho what he was able to do, didn't stick.
    So, I'll pursue TT Support to see if they change my User Name as desire. Until then.
    Jatco
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    For what it's worth, the Canadian site still defaults to French language (ca/fr) rather than English (ca/en). I think this is simply due to careless programming of the website for localization.

I'm quite surprised that TomTom has not corrected this error that has been around since at least August of 2018 - it's a trivial error that would take the web programmer 30 seconds to correct, and it doesn't reflect well on TomTom.

Michael
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,454
    Superusers
    edited February 2
    Hi
    @ST1300_PanEuropean

To enlarge...
    Right Click on image ... Click 'View Image'
    Use Browser Back button to return to the Forum....

2fgc32p8d1oa.jpg
    Select Canada + US Enlish

24o5ktexj0fz.jpg
    ATB YFM

dhn wrote: »
    Click on the Canada flag on the screen. At the bottom right, you should see little links for English or French. Click as appropriate.

Well, interestingly or not, I just tried as suggested, ..and was going to rant on about it not working...blah blah blah. Looking for the links after clicking Canada or the flag..and focusing on the bottom right corner as suggested, it isn't there. Looking around for it, I found the links directly opposite the list of countries, to the right of 'Lithuania' (in my display). Thank you DHN for leading me/us in that direction.
    You beat me to it YamFazMan
  • Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
    edited February 2
    At least it has the headline "Language" in bold on top. But everybody stumbles upon comparable things sooner or later, and it's definitely not always a TomTom obstacle.
    Oskar-2 wrote: »
    At least it has the headline "Language" in bold on top. But everybody stumbles upon comparable things sooner or later, and it's definitely not always a TomTom obstacle.

Uh, ..right. Like the user...hahaha. Duh.