TomTom watch - power off issue

GarythesmogGarythesmog Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi, looking for some advice.

My watch is intermittently shutting down, during or at the end of a run even when fully charged.

I can do a 12 minute warm up run before a parkrun and it's all OK till I press to pause and it goes off, but sometimes it doesn't and then it might go during or at the end of the parkrun but sometimes it doesn't.

The other Sunday I did a 14km run, and it was fine about 2 m before i stopped running and i pressed to pause it went off, yet the previous 14km it didn't (both times fully charged before i set off).

Its frustrating - but i can't find anything to help

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GarythesmogGarythesmog Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there.

Thanks for the advice. I did the factory reset and I've just finished a 14.5km run. The watch worked perfectly, but as i said the issue was intermittent and it may have been ok anyway this morning, but I suspect not. I'll keep monitoring it over the next couple of weeks and let you know