How to delete hidden routes in MyDrive?

Dutch-RiderDutch-Rider Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 28 in MyDrive and Road Trips
I use MyRouteApp to create and check routes. From MyRoute i send the routes directly to TomTomGo. To do this, MyDrive is used in the background.

All the routes I send this way are stored in MyDrive but they are not visible in MyDrive.
When I (re)connect a (new)device to MyDrive all these previous send routes are synchronised again.

Can i deleted these hidden routes somehow?

Comments

• LucifyLucify Posts: 38 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    When logged in to mydrive website, I don't see anything as hidden routes.

Routes which are saved under my account, I can delete them. Image below

8a6acfb0-df79-4407-9d2c-952619d96638.jpg
  • Dutch-RiderDutch-Rider Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Like i said. When you send routes/tracks from MyRouteApp through MyDrive to the Tomtom, the kept hidden in MyDrive but they are there.
    How can i delete these hidden files?
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 411 [Revered Navigator]
    Very strange. I have used MyRouteApp to send routes to my GO 6200 and if I delete them from my sat nav, they don't come back.
    BrianE
    I've just send a route to my GO 6200 from MyRouteApp, deleted it, logged out of MyDrive account and then back in, but the deleted route has not re-appeared. It seems like you may need to call support to see why your myDrive account is behaving in such a strange way.
    BrianE
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,187 [Superusers]
    Hi
    @Dutch-Rider
    Dutch-Rider wrote: When I (re)connect a (new)device to MyDrive all these previous send routes are synchronised again.
    Do you have both devices on one Account... Same Email & Password
    You can have multiple devices on one Account
    But if your new devices login is using the same Email & Password as your old device, the MyDrive Web Route planner will sync your data to your new device and vice versa

Important be aware...If both units are likely to be in operation at the same time
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/three-go-600-s-and-mydrive-sync-1026193/index1.html#post1180163

ATB YFM
    @BrianE ;
    Try a complete reset of your Go 6200 and see what happens.

@YamFazMan
    I have/had indeed more than 1 device with the same account but never used at the same time.
    I'm aware of that behaviour

The route/tracks deleted one the first device, appears a few months later again on the new device. The reappeared route/track are all which were send from MyRoute.

Routes/tracks send directly from MyDrive and deleted in Mydrive and Nav-device, don't show again in the new device

The routes/track send from Myroute through Mydrive are never visible in MyDrive but it seems they stay there also when deleted from the device.
    02870ea2-b6f8-436e-afdb-6f202a3b1d5c.jpgDutch-Rider - I can confirm that a hard reset on my device does exactly what you have described. Routes I deleted months ago, which I created in MyRoute-app have re-appeared on my GO 6200 and now I've got to manually delete them again.
    BrianE
    Nice to see that is not me but a TomTom designed "feature". But no solution yet
    Hi
    @Dutch-Rider

The MyRouteApp uses MyDrive Connect in the Transfer process, maybe its a problem with the MyRouteApp not tidying-up after itself, post route transfer

I've not used the MyRouteApp for Track transfer (I use .ITN)
    Does (Or do you think) the MyRouteApp shroud ask if you want to save a copy to MyRoutes as well as syncing the Track to the device

(I always save my .ITN routes to the PC Desktop and transfer manually)

ATB YFM
    I have raised a support ticket with MyRoute-app and added a link to this thread. I'll post the reply when I receive it.
    BrianE
    If MyRoute is telling the truth. They say, they can't do anything about this problem because they have only access to MyDrive for sending routes through MyDrive but that's all. How MyDrive handles these routes MyRoute can't do anything about it.
    I want to have a go at raising this with TomTom (not that I'll probably get a meaningful reply), but I can't find a way to contact them via e-mail. I find very few options on their web site and I just go round and round in circles. They seem to have made it as difficult as possible to contact them. I'm getting more and more frustrated with this company.
    BrianE
  • dhndhn Posts: 32,890 [Superusers]
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Hi
    @BrianE

Contact Tomtom Support to sort out your problems

Support Phone numbers....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105/index1.html#post1020431

Email....
    Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Or
    Click Here for a direct link to 'Contact us'....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB

Scroll to the bottom of the new page check that your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right)
    If incorrect click on one of the links to correct

Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

OR

Email Direct Link...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4692/p/2986/es/0

As above, scroll to the bottom of the new page check that your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right)
    If incorrect click on one of the links to correct

ATB YFM
    Thanks YamFazMan. I had to use the direct e-mail link because the other route just took me to the dead end that I was having before...43db4f63-e0b4-445a-b15a-26b5ed93aa90.jpg
    BrianE
    Post deleted as information provided was incorrect.
    BrianE
    @BrianE
    Myroute reaction is very typical for them. But that is a different discussion which doesn't belong here
    Yes I know. I realised after I had posted it that it was a reply from MyRoute-app and not TomTom. I'll see if I can remove it.
    BrianE
    I've had a reply from TomTom. Unfortunately, as you can see, they have completely misunderstood the problem:-

"As I understand from your e-mail, you want to know how to remove the routes saved in the MyDrive app on your phone. I'll assist you with your query.
    • Please follow the steps below in order to remove the saved routes from the MyDrive app on your phone:Open the MyDrive app and go to the My Routes option in the Main Menu of the app.
    • Swipe the route that you want to delete to the left and you will see "Delete" button appearing which will delete the route..."
    I've sent the following reply this evening:-

"Actually, that's not the issue at all.

The problem is, if a route is created in the well-known third-party program MyRoute-app (from the Tyre to Travel people) and exported to a TomTom satellite navigator, it uses TomTom's MyDrive in the background to do it. However, and this is the crux of the problem, although the route ends up on the sat nav, it doesn't appear in the MyDrive GUI. Nevertheless, it is still saved in MyDrive somewhere where the user cannot access it or delete it. We know this because even if the route is deleted from MyRoute-app and the sat nav, as soon as a hard reset is performed on the sat nav, all the routes re-appear on the sat nav. What we need is someone to investigate where the routes are located within MyDrive and provide the user with a method of deleting them so that they don't get copied back onto the sat nav the next time it is reset."

I've attached the screenshot below to the message to try to make the point clearer.7f683ba0-759e-4d3c-99ce-92ac97d7c507.jpg
    BrianE
    This is proving harder than I thought to make TomTom understand the nature of this problem. Here is the latest correspondence:-

TomTom:-
    1. We, unfortunately, do not keep the files of the routes saved on the customer's account due to the privacy issue. If the MyDrive app is not showing you the route, then they should not re-appear on your GO 6200. For once, please follow the steps below :Sync the device to MyDrive to save the favorites :
    • In the Main Menu of your GO 6200, select Settings.
    • Select MyDrive.
    • Enter the email address and password you use for your TomTom account.
    • Select Log In. Your device is now synced to MyDrive and the favorites are backed-up automatically.
    • Please click on the link below and verify if you are able to see favorites :
    • MyDrive Route Planner
    • Please login to above link
    1. After this, reset the device to factory settings :
    • In the Main Menu of your GO 6200, select Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Reset to reset the factory settings.
    • When prompted to select a language, perform a soft reset of your navigation device: Press and hold the On/Off button until the device restarts and you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. Release the button as soon as you hear the drum sound.
    After this, make sure you do not have routes seen in the MyDrive Route Planner. Once you see there are no route in route planner, please login to the MyDrive on your GO 6200 and you should no longer the routes that you have removed.

Me:-
    "We, unfortunately, do not keep the files of the routes saved on the customer's account due to the privacy issue. If the MyDrive app is not showing you the route, then they should not re-appear on your GO 6200. For once, please follow the steps below..."

I'm sorry, but you still haven't understood what I have said. The point is, the deleted routes DO re-appear on the GO 6200 after carrying out a hard reset. Please take a look at the photograph I uploaded on the forum thread and you will see that the routes I deleted last year re-appeared on my sat nav as soon as it synchronised with my TomTom account linked to MyDrive, even though there were no routes showing in the MyDrive GUI. For your convenience, here is the link again:-

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/how-to-delete-hidden-routes-in-mydrive-1038775
    BrianE
    Hi
    @BrianE
    @Dutch-Rider

Just a Thought....
    I have noticed that if I create a Route using the MyRoute APP and save it to my PC Desktop then import the Route into MyDrive Web Route planner
    The MDW route planner generates 2 versions of the route (I can't be bothered to Sync over the air)

ac4b137c-41a6-4ddf-a095-7dd3462dd2b7.png
    Maybe the same thing happens during a Sync over the air
    The MDW Route planner receives the file then splits the file into a Route and a Track, but only deletes one of of the files when tidying up after the transfer ???

ATB YFM
    The only ones who can really get to the bottom of this are the relevant technical personnel at TomTom, but I'm having a hard time even getting the customer services advisor to understand the nature of the problem.
    BrianE
    @YamFazMan
    The opposite is true.
    The file created from MyRoute contains a Track and a Route. That's what you see in MyDrive.
    When you send a route from Myroute "over the air", through MyDrive to the Rider. MyDrive deletes the route and sends only the track to the Rider.

When you reset the Rider complete and connect to MyDrive again. All the tracks from MyRoute (no routes) reappears again.
    So what MyDrive deletes, is really gone.
  • MrMMrM Posts: 122 [Supreme Navigator]
    Same here. I use the TomTom Go Android App. After a reset, ghost tracks are coming in :)
  • Daniel Fornies SoriaDaniel Fornies Soria Posts: 51 [TomTom Employee]
    Hi there,
    We are investigating how the flow between MyRoute App and the MyDrive ecosystem works. It might be that MyRoute App is using some now-old APIs for such imports, for which we might need to add backwards-compatibility support.
    We'll keep you posted.

MyDrive Web Team.