Gallo-walking training

francesco_ant
francesco_ant Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Would it be possible to add in the workouts, one specific for Gallo-walking training?
I.e. set 3 minutes running, and 1 walking with more intervals than just 99?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    No, TomTom left the wearables business last year and is just selling out their inventory. All development has stopped and they are in maintenance mode. There will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • francesco_ant
    Master Traveler
    thanks for the answer.
    maybe somebody knows how to program the watch? is it open source?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    thanks for the answer.
    maybe somebody knows how to program the watch? is it open source?
    It is not open source and they will not release the source code (which is proprietary). You are limited to what is in the watch and on MySports, which is essentially warmup - repeated work/rest intervals-cooldown. If you are doing 4 minute sets, why would you need more than 99, are you training for 400 minutes (6+ hours) at a time)?
  • francesco_ant
    Master Traveler
    When I run ultras 50ks I set 60 second run and 30 walk. For this reason I need more than 99 repetitions.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    When I run ultras 50ks I set 60 second run and 30 walk. For this reason I need more than 99 repetitions.
    Your original question stated 3 minutes / 1 minute. What you are asking for is simply not possible with this device (or any other that I know of). You would need a minimum of 240 sets, assuming even a 6 hour finish time. Garmin only allows 40 repeated sets so they are less generous than TomTom.