TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Satnav not recognising the new bridge (Mersey Gateway, Runcorn to Widnes)

TomTom Via 135 v10.11
Drove to Widnes Tuesday evening 14/08/18 and had a complete shambles with the satnav not recognising the new bridge (Mersey Gateway, Runcorn to Widnes) and approaches.
If it's been open for so long why hasn't tomtom updated its software? August 2018!
Another problem, again in Widnes, one of the Ship Canal Bridges is closed and tomtom doesn't have the information - doesn't show the road closed or alternative route.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,975 Superusers
    Hi
    @bobbyem

A couple of recent posts with issues over the Mersey Gateway bridge problems turned out to be....
    (1)... None live Tomtom device... Tomtom are using Live traffic info to close the old bridge
    Live traffic not active on a live device would have the same issues

(2).. User had 'Avoid Toll roads' set in the setting menu

When planning a route from Runcorn to Widnes my Via 120 live and GO 825 Live both use the new Mersey Gateway bridge
    Both devices asked....
    (1)... "There's a closed road on the route do you want to avoid this road"... I answered "Yes"
    (2)... "There a Toll road on the route do you want to include toll roads on your route"... I answered "Yes"

Both devices calculate a route over the Mersey Gateway bridge (In fact all of my Tomtom devices calculate a route over the new bridge)

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'