TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

map 584 months old message on the device

A message appears every now and then saying, YOUR MAP IS NOW 584 MONTHS OLD, that's 48 and a half years, device is upto date, has anyone had this problem and is there a fix? Many thanks. Mike.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,102 Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. If that doesn't stop the message, just ignore it if you have version 1010 of the map on your device.

It's a glitch in the software on the unit.
  • micjon01micjon01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many thanks, I'll give it a go and see what happens over the next few days. :thumbsup:
  • CatNipCatNip Posts: 479 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    For some while I have also been getting this message on my Start 25 at odd intervals: "...map 584 months old..." when it obviously isn't! Just got one following switch on.

I feel pretty sure I must have had more than one cold start (Reset) since last map upgrade, as I don't use the device on a daily basis. I realise a new map has been announced so will just install that for now and see how it goes.

It isn't due to the recent upgrade to the NAV 3 firmware, as it used to happen before that as well.