Version 1.17.2 of GO Mobile — TomTom Community

Version 1.17.2 of GO Mobile

JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,427
Community Manager
We have released version 1.17.2 of the TomTom GO Mobile app.
  • Android P support: The app is now compatible with Android P

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    TomTom has released version 1.17.3 of the TomTom GO Mobile app.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi EthoZ,

There were few crashes reported with the 1.17.2 version which is fixed in the latest 1.17.3 update.

Cheers, lampard
  • KeshyoKeshyo Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Android P support seems to have interfered with the menu display in Android 6.01.

Text is either missing completely or partially appears for Search>POI results and the Recent destinations list.

The only reliably displayed items are the POI icons. Flitting between Addresses and POI briefly brings back the missing text as does scrolling up and down.

The last version that works is 1.17.1

A clean install did not help on 1.17.2 or 1.17.3
  • MrMMrM Posts: 157 [Revered Navigator]
    So, it is wise not to upgrade?
    Is there a listing with changes?
    Personally I think 1.17.2+ should of been restricted to Android 9 only for the time being. As 2 years subscription is about to run out I'm not sure I'll renew. Prior to this year I've never needed to do a clean install to resolve an issue caused by an update or anything as drastic as a downgrade.
  • MrMMrM Posts: 157 [Revered Navigator]
    How is Android 9 coming in? Speculation?
    And what is it? 17.2 , 17,2+ or 17,3?
    Come on TT folk/moderator: give valid information. ;)
    Android P or Pie or 9 refers to the same version officially released a month today. First supported in app version 1.17.2 fixing menu display issues reported by early adopters using the Pixel 2.

It seems to have broken the menu display for older devices. The latest app version 1.17.3 released on the 23rd of August has done nothing to fix these subsequent issues.
    I tried the 1.17.5 update last night. Unfortunately if anything it is a little bit worse as the main menu starts to blink as you scroll down to services. No improvement on previous issues for search results and history lists.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,427
    Community Manager
    Keshyo wrote:
    I tried the 1.17.5 update last night. Unfortunately if anything it is a little bit worse as the main menu starts to blink as you scroll down to services. No improvement on previous issues for search results and history lists.
    What phone and what version of Android is this?

This is a phased roll-out and we'll announce it when it's been rolled out to everyone. It addresses some crashes the app has been reporting to us.
    Hi,

It's a Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on 6.0.1
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,427
    Community Manager
    Keshyo wrote:
    Hi,

It's a Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on 6.0.1
    From what I know this should work. I would try removing and re-installing the app. If that doesn't fix it, scroll down and click Contact to check with Customer Support.
    Looking through the mid August onwards GO app reviews on play I'm not the only one having this issue with the same phone or similar OS/hardware age.

I have clean installed all 3 versions 1.17.2/3/5 to no avail.
    Apologies for bumping this thread, but it seems better than starting a new one.

Search results are finally back in 1.17.7 over 2 months later, but there are still some glitches in the POI list with a drop shadow box appearing around the text at the end. Drop shadow also flickers down the sides when scrolling.

Unfortunately map drawing is significantly slower. Perhaps something I didn't notice with recent versions as they were no use to me without search results.

It now takes over 2 seconds to complete a horizon down redraw of the screen when transitioning to 3D with no buildings. I'll have to see how it performs on a road test.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @Keshyo,

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having after updating from v1.17.1

I just downloaded and installed v1.17.7 on my old Huawei P8 lite Android 6.

Tested everything that you have problems with.

As of yet all is OK.
    There is no flicking when scrolling at all on POI's.
    In fact very quick on search and scrolling.

As for map drawing I have flipped the screen back and forth many times and TomTomGO responds with no problems with the map at all.

As it could be other apps you are running at the same time that could be causing this problem.

My test is just running TomTomGO no other 3rd party apps running at the same time or Facebook, Whatsapp etc, etc.

Maybe you have some other app that is causing this problem with the TomTomGo app after 1.17.1
    Thanks for testing this. It takes a fairly long results list in POI to see it whilst scrolling. No problem with speed there. The box doesn't always appear at the end, but it's more frequent than not.

c2b6b52c-d223-4bba-b622-9674be52e783.jpg
    It's a vast improvement over this though. Which was unusable.

5852c049-1090-4e79-80e2-93a2c0c55694.jpg
    I'm fairly certain that was a Android 6 bug as I test installed 1.17.5 on an old 6 running Google tablet with similar results.

I don't have any messaging apps installed. No other apps would help, but it's unlikely until I update to another phone.

A clean install has made a marginal difference to the map speed.