Inactive time and sleep quality

Sanchez Longoria
Sanchez Longoria Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello! I just bought the Spark 3 and I can not believe that a watch like this one, having the necessary hardware, only reflects the hours of sleep and not the quality. I also do not understand that it do not warn you at all these long sitting or inactive ... I think they should do this update in the software. I have to wait for it or I'll return it ???!!!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Return it, there will be no updates. TomTom left the wearables market last year and is just selling out their remaining stock, there is no development happening on the watches. You should go with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

All it is using to sense sleep is movement; it does not look at HR or other factors, so it would have to make assumptions as to quality of sleep based strictly on movement, which I imagine varies widely by person. Some people sleep like rocks and never move and some people shift a lot. The quality of sleep is the same for them, they just sleep differently. I think many of the devices and apps out there are just making wild guesses as they do not have brainwave monitors or anything advanced. They are just making assumptions based on your movement as well but putting it into a nice-looking interface with lots of graphs to make it seem like they know more. It would be nice if TT could somehow detect and quantify the movement on a chart like you can with HR to see when you are shifting around more. They could have factored HR in to detect when there is no movement and a lowered heart rate, but since development has stopped it is a moot point.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.