TomTom Runner2 won't connect or reset

jawleblanc
jawleblanc Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
A week or so ago the battery on my Runner2 watch went flat and then wouldn't charge. Left it a few days, tried again, it now charges and I have used it on a run. However, now when I plug my watch into my laptop it won't connect or sync activities. I have followed instructions to Reset but the Reset option doesn't appear on my Sports Connect page. Followed instructions for a Factory reset as per TomTom instructions using the recovery mode as follows:
Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer = DONE
On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed = DONE.
Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset = DONE, the tomtom.com/reset shows on the watch.
Release the button and wait for TomTom Sports Connect to show Reset = DOESN'T HAPPEN. THE RESET DOES NOT APPEAR.
Grateful for advice on how to force the watch to sync and link to my Sports Connect page or on how to reset.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Then call Support to arrange for a replacement (free under warranty, you will have to buy one if not). To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.