Runner 3 unloads battery

Johannaengstrom13
Johannaengstrom13 Registered Users Posts: 5
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My Runner 3 unloads it´s battery quickly. I charge it and then when I take it form the charger it looses battery right away so I can use it for about 30min to 1hour of training. I tried to go trough the supportsite but it doesn´t work and I sent an e-mail but havent recived any answere...
I bought my watch in oktober 2016, I think the battery should last longer than this.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    It could be the age of the battery but there have been rapid battery drain issues as well. Start with a factory reset and if that does not help, request a rollback to firmware 1.3.255 in the post below.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Johannaengstrom13
    Neophyte Traveler
    No it didn´t help. How do I change battery? Is there any guarantee on the battery?

Best regards Johanna
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    No it didn´t help. How do I change battery? Is there any guarantee on the battery?
    Best regards Johanna
    The battery is not replaceable (you can crack the case and try to find the correct battery on your own, but TT does not sell them) and would be covered under the warranty, assuming TT finds it is defective. Did you try the firmware rollback, as that also seems to help many people?

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Johannaengstrom13
    Neophyte Traveler
    When I do a factory reset it goes back to the latest version. How do I do a rollback to 1.3.255?
  • Johannaengstrom13
    Neophyte Traveler
    How long is the guarantee?
  • Johannaengstrom13
    Neophyte Traveler
    How long is the guarantee? I bought the Watch in oktober 2016 and I started getting problems this spring. Now I cant even run for one hour Before it is unloaded...
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    How long is the guarantee? I bought the Watch in oktober 2016 and I started getting problems this spring. Now I cant even run for one hour Before it is unloaded...
    One or two years depending on your country, so you are likely out of warranty. Call Support soon before you are definitely out.