TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

"You cannot use this map on this device" after update

Comments

• otroshkovaotroshkova Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @VikramK , thank you so much for your help! :)
  • Pete777Pete777 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Are you able to help me please i have the same issue? I have now uninstalled the map but there is no update to install. Could you please add a map to my account
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,037 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Pete777

A map has been activated for your device.

Just remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • Pete777Pete777 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you so much Vikram. I was ready to put this in the bin, now working fine. You're awesome
  • maga3maga3 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK Thanks for your help, but I got the wrong map, instead of Eastern Europe which I had before I received the Western Europe version. Any chance you could change this?

Thank you, your help is much appreciated!
    @maga3

Done!

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • KoomikKoomik Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    edited May 8
    VikramK wrote: »
    @maga3

Done!

Regards
    Vikram

Hi! I have exactly the same problem with my TomTom XL. After updating map, it just says "you cannot use this map on this device". Would like to get some help aswell. Thank you!
    Hi @Koomik

A map has been activated for your device.

Just remove the present map and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
  • Broggy77Broggy77 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK

I have a similar issue. You cannot use the devise map on this device: United_Kingdom_Republic_of_Ireland-101141.

I have tried updating the device, can you help with the issue?

Neil
    Hi @Broggy77

Welcome to the community!

The map has been reactivated for your device. Removing the existing map and then installing the fresh version should resolve the problem(TomTom HOME)

Regards
    Vikam
    Have a question? Ask!
  • Broggy77Broggy77 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK
    Thanks, could you tell me how to remove the map and reload the new one please, I'm not very good these things on my own,..

Regards Neil
  • maga3maga3 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK It worked, thanks! However, the hungarian navigation audio is missing from my XL and I can't redownload them since the device isn't supported anymore, could you add that to my account as well?
  • JoeymJoeym Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    I have the same problem with the new Map, it can't be used on my XL. Could you please add the old one to my account too? I'd be very grateful. Right now, all I'm getting when I try to update is a map of France, but I need Europe.
    Thanks.
    Hi @Joeym

I have reactivated the map for your device.

First, remove the existing map and then install a fresh copy using TomTom HOME.

@Broggy77

Remove map- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6953

Install map- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24642

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Hi VikramK,
    thanks for adding the map. I installed it but unfortunately Germany's not on it. Is there something I can do about it?
    Thanks
    Oh man, I'm such an amatuer :p
    I just had to free space on the XL because the map is pretty large. Everything's working again now. Thanks for your great help, VikramK!
  • ImaplayerImaplayer Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi, I have the same issue @VikramK .
    Hi @Imaplayer

Could you send me the serial number of the device through a private message please?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • manddarranmanddarran Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    my go 930 says cannot use this map....just did an updated. Tried deleting one of the maps to free up space, left the 2gb on there, but that didnt fix it. Sent PM with serial if you can help.
  • chrispasschrispass Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi VikramK,

I think I sent a private message to you regarding the same issue I'm having with Europe map 101347 which use to work but now does now ("You cannot use this map error"). Did you receive it and can you help?

When I reinstalled my USA map it seems to work okay....

Thanks very much for your help.

Chris
  • leverslevers Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    I have the same issue on my XL. I have maps UK and ROI, United States, Greece and Turkey which used to work til I just updated because of the date rollover issue and now each map says it cannot be used on my device.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,703 Superuser
    Hi @levers

Let us see if @VikramK can help reset your maps tomorrow. Keep an eye out here.

Doug.
    Hi @levers

Welcome to the community!

The maps have been activated on your account.

Just remove the existing maps first using TomTom HOME and then download the fresh version.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • leverslevers Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Many thanks Vikram
  • chrispasschrispass Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram,

Sorry, but how do I download the fresh version? When I try to update through the Update My XXL tab in TomTom HOME, I get the attached error code.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris