TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

"You cannot use this map on this device" after update

ElvjElvj Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Using TomTom HOME, I updated my TomTom XXL IQ Routes Edition.

The application for car and motor navigation version is 9.510
The map is Central And Eastern Europe version is 910.4892

After reboot, i get the error:
Problem with map You cannot use this map on this device: Central_and_eastern_europe-781

I tried restoring backup... nothing

Deleting map directory and reinstalling map from TomTom HOME... nothing

It's frustrating that the official tool bricked my satnav.

How I can restore the functionality of my device?

Comments

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Do you know the full history of your device because normally that message indicates that you're using a pirate map that's not compatible with that new application/navcore (not accusing you, just stating a well known error)
    PS that v910 map was released in May-2013 so now over 5 years old!!
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,488 Superuser
    @Elvj

Looking here https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7902/ that map is from May 2013

Remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)

If this has not restored you map subscription, then contact Customer Services

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button :thumb_up:
    If someone answered your question? Answer yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • ElvjElvj Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @justmebrowsing

I don't know the device history, this is the first time I work with this satnav.
    This map was dowloaded and installed using the official tool, so I assumed that were the right one.
    I know also that the map is obsolete, but maybe this is due to the fact that the device is old.

@Niall

Already tried to soft reset, but the error message remains.
    The Customer Services isn't an option viable because in my country (Italy) this device isn't supported anymore by telephone or e-mail, so the last way to restore it is the forum.

Where I can get the right map and/or the right navcore?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,020 TomTom Moderator
    hi Elvj

Welcome to the community!

I have reactivated the map on your account, please remove the present map and download a fresh copy using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • ElvjElvj Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, now the TomTom works fine!
  • Andre.reisAndre.reis Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    hi Elvj

Welcome to the community!

I have reactivated the map on your account, please remove the present map and download a fresh copy using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram

Hey man are you able to help me i have the same issue :( many thanks
  • Andre.reisAndre.reis Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hey man can you help? I have the same issue
    Hi @Andre.reis

I have reactivated the map on your device.

First, remove the existing map and then install a fresh copy offered for download in TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
  • maga3maga3 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi!

I have the same problem, it gives me an error for map: Europe_East-877.

Would appreaciate any help, thanks!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,658 Superuser
    Hi @maga3

What device and what have you tried to do .

Doug
    It's a TomTom XL, I tried to update the map and it went well but after the unit restarted I received that message, so now I can't use it.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,658 Superuser
    edited March 15
    Hi @maga3

Sorry about this. Have a look at following to see if your unit is one that has been declared obsolete.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1031975/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices/p1

If It is then maybe we ask if they can sort out your map on the account so you can reload it.

Doug
    VikramK maybe you can help me with my issue?
  • bella2222bella2222 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    HELP!, I have the same problem, since the WNRO updtate, the sat nav reads:-
    Problem with map, you cannot use this map on this device: United Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-114
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,095 Superusers
    @bella2222 , You may have to wait till Monday for moderator @VikramK to see your post. He may be able to reactivate the map for your device.
    @maga3

A map has been activated on your account, please remove the existing map first using TomTom HOME and then download the one which gets offered for download.

@bella2222

I guess someone from the customer service has added the map to your account.

Hopefully, you were able to restore the device after installing the assigned map..

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • jagdeep01jagdeep01 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

i have the same issue just keeps saying You cannot use this map on this device, can i delete the map from tomtom home vikram? and then redownload whatever appears
    edited April 17
    Hi @jagdeep01

A map has been added to your account..

First remove the existing map using TomTom HOME and then download a fresh version which gets offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Hi @VikramK,

Once I remove the map for the manage my go section do I have to disconnect and the reconnect for the new map to appear?

Thanks
    edited April 17
    Yes, just disconnect - Do a soft reset and connect again- Check of updates..

Regards
    Have a question? Ask!
  • otroshkovaotroshkova Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, I have the same issue on my TomTom XXL device. Is there any way to fix it? @VikramK will be so grateful for your help!
    Hi otroshkova

A map has been added to your account..

First remove the existing map using TomTom HOME and then download a fresh version which gets offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • otroshkovaotroshkova Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @VikramK ,
    Thank you for the answer. It offers Western Europe for download - whereas I require (and had before that) Eastern Europe incl. the Czech republic. Can you please substitute it for the Eastern Europe?
    @otroshkova

Done!

Please check for updates again.

Regards
    Have a question? Ask!