How to turn off GPS on the Spark 3?

SemDRE
SemDRE Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello,

I have a TomTom Spark 3 Cardio and I was wondering how I can turn off GPS tracking?

I work in the military and recently there has been a ban implemented on GPS tracking devices. I still want to use my Spark 3 as a watch and alarm clock etc., it is just not allowed to track my position when on base or in the field.

Thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    The watch does not track your position unless you are in an activity, GPS is turned off otherwise. If you want to record a sports activity without GPS you would need to use gym mode or indoor cycling, which does not activate GPS. As a watch just for alarms, time, etc., you are fine as it is not recording any position information.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SemDRE
    SemDRE Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    The watch does not track your position unless you are in an activity, GPS is turned off otherwise. If you want to record a sports activity without GPS you would need to use gym mode or indoor cycling, which does not activate GPS. As a watch just for alarms, time, etc., you are fine as it is not recording any position information.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

Thank you very much, obviously I was not aware of this.