Spark 3 won't pair to TomTom Sports app on iPhone 7

RTritt
RTritt Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My spark 3 won't connect to the tomtom app on my phone (Iphone7).
The watch displays the code but my phone can't find the watch-it just keeps searching.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, reset the watch, reset Bluetooth to forget device but nothing seems to work.

It had recently had trouble syncing so I unpaired them and reinstalled the app and now they won't connect. It appears on my bluetooth list on my phone but the app can't find it. Getting very annoying now!!

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    I would start over with a fresh install and factory reset. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RTritt
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi, thanks for your answer. I’ve done all of the above but it still can’t find the watch from the app-it just shows the ‘connecting’ screen and eventually the watch times out and the code disappears. However I notice that the watch will appear as connected in the BT list after doing this. I’ll keep trying but I’m not hopeful!
  • Oscarama2
    Oscarama2 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Neophyte Traveler
    I had this exact problem around 5 months ago but a general update was released which specifically fixed this problem. I am now having this issue again but no update as of yet. I can sync my activities via pc using the charging cable but I do not want to have to bring my laptop on holiday to upload runs. I have tried most of the above (unpairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc) but I don't want to factory reset my watch. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this problem is infuriating! Thanks :) Phone: Huawei Honor 7.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    Oscarama2 wrote:
    I had this exact problem around 5 months ago but a general update was released which specifically fixed this problem. I am now having this issue again but no update as of yet. I can sync my activities via pc using the charging cable but I do not want to have to bring my laptop on holiday to upload runs. I have tried most of the above (unpairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc) but I don't want to factory reset my watch. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this problem is infuriating! Thanks :) Phone: Huawei Honor 7.
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.
  • Oscarama2
    Neophyte Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.

Thank you, I may try this then :thumbsup_tone2:
  • Oscarama2
    Neophyte Traveler
    I have now factory reset watch, and uninstalled the app to start completely fresh but still when I 'Add a new device' in the app all I see is a loading circle saying 'searching' and the watch showing the searching/bluetooth symbol, not even the code pops up. Any other ideas with be helpful.
  • Oscarama2
    Neophyte Traveler
    Okay then, who knew it would be as simple as a phone restart @RTritt!
    I did afctory reset my watch twice and uninstall the app but no luck, though i'd give a phone restart a shot and bam, worked first time!
  • RTritt
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hmm I’m sceptical @Oscarama2 but I’ll give it a go later and report back...
    Thanks for your input
  • RTritt
    Neophyte Traveler
    Oscarama2 wrote:
    Okay then, who knew it would be as simple as a phone restart @RTritt!
    I did afctory reset my watch twice and uninstall the app but no luck, though i'd give a phone restart a shot and bam, worked first time!
    Shocking @Oscarama2 it actually worked!
    I hate technology sometimes......
    thanks for the tip ?