TomTom Golfer not holding charge — TomTom Community

TomTom Golfer not holding charge

MeadowsgMeadowsg Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I’ve had my watch for about 3 years although I’ve not used it for over a year and now it doesn’t seem capable of holding a charge for more than 10 hours (in watch mode), is it worth trying a factory reset of is it knackered?

Comments

• mhowiemhowie Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I'll be interested in TomTom's response as I had to swap out a Golfer 2 SE about five months ago as it wasn't holding a charge. My current one is exhibiting similar issues with respect to a deterioration of battery capacity. This morning, for example, I only got through seven holes before receiving the low battery icon which renders the watch useless. I'm resetting mine and if the problem persists will request a TomTom product that has acceptable durability or my money back to buy a competitive product that doesn't suffer from such issues.
  • TaneliTaneli Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem. I cannot play the 4 hour 18 holes round. Golfer in 3,5 years old (been in use) and I have charged it about 250 times.
  • TaneliTaneli Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In addition to previous, I have never could play two rounds with one charging.
  • mhowiemhowie Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Well I found out TomTom's response to the ongoing problems exhibited with my former Golfer 2 SE.

They grudgingly (after several communications) agreed to replace product. They originally indicated since it had already been replaced they weren't going to replace a second time (although it was still within the original warranty period). I found this ridiculous and revealed much about TomTom as a company. There is an obligation- both from a customer service perspective and a legal one- to replace. So I didn't buy the fact this was an "exception" and didn't appreciate being patronized regarding.

Anyway, as a result of the delays associated with this matter and the fact the ultimate resolution proposed was not one of the two options I provided- which were: 1) replace with a different model not subject to this design flaw or 2) refund my money I decided to take a different approach. Specifically, I contacted Amazon and they offered a full refund of this defective product.

TomTom could learn something from Amazon as it relates to ensuring customer satisfaction. When I contacted Amazon for help there were not any questions, patronizing responses, or delays. Rather they immediately did the right thing even though it wasn't their product which was defective.

As a result of this experience TomTom has lost a former loyal customer. I provide this experience as a cautionary tale to those considering buying a TomTom Golfer 2 SE and are reading this forum in advance. For those who have already purchased this watch- good luck.