TomTom Touch: how to change steps into activity afterwards?

nancy67nancy67 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 28 in TomTom Touch
Hi, for my TomTom Touch: when I go on a larger hike, I often forget to indicate upfront I'm entering into an 'activity' (walking). It also happened before going into the fitness or biking or .... How can I change the steps for a specific timeperiod into activity? Either in the app (on my iphone) or on PC: doesn't matter, but now it looks as if I didn't "do" anything since late April, while I did take some serious hikes, fitnesstraining and biking over the last months. Sometimes in the app, I can still do it if on same day (not always though, so not sure why or when), but often (e.g. on holidays), I want to do it when back home/on my off-day/... as I may not be carrying my phone around for a couple of days.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,324 Superusers
    You cannot do this. Activity tracking and sports tracking are two separate systems and you cannot convert one into the other. You can start a new activity, immediately stop and save it and then upload it. You can then go into MySports and edit the activity with the correct distance, time, etc.. The date and time of the activity will not be correct, but it will get added into your lifetime totals and other stats. It will also not have step counts, just distance and time.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • nancy67nancy67 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi, I'm not sure I understand the answer at all. The TomtomTouch allows you to track activity and heartrate: which is what I need if I don't forget to start beforehand.
    I just need to know when I've been "active", not which activity, nor distances, times, etc. So not sure what I should do with the MySports and how this then helps my tracking? Could you elaborate?
    But if you forget to hit the 'activity start', and I do know the actual time I did start, can I still change this afterwards to say from 11-12, this slot counts as 'activity'? Because if you don't put it in as activity, it's not syncing any heartrate. And I thought that's the whole purpose of the Touch: tracking activity (generically) and heart rate.
    So if there is no way to correct this afterward (and save the corresponding heart rate), could I keep it running in 'activity mode' basically all day? Or is that draining my battery then even faster?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,324 Superusers
    It records HR once every 10 minutes for one second in activity (all day0 tracking and once every second in sports activity tracking. If you kept it running a sports activity you would be out of batteries in a few hours. Again, there is no way to convert all-day activity to a specific sports activity, it is not collecting any data just the HR once every 10 minutes. If you go tot he progress tab in MySports you can see the all day activity tracking and see the HR and when it was higher, but again it is at a much large collection interval than if you have started an activity. Unlike other brands it does not auto detect activities and switch to recording mode, you need to remember to do it yourself.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Hi
    Thanks for the fast reply. So when I go to mysport (this site:https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/login/?locale=nl_nl&targetState=progress&targetStateParams=%7B%22activityType%22:%22100%22,%22metric%22:%22restingHeartrate%22,%22timePeriod%22:%22month%22,%22lastActionOutput%22:%7B%7D%7D
    right?)
    I should see some HR curve over the day (in non-activity modus) if I understand your answer correctly with 10 minutes intervals. However when I go there it tells me to wear my band for at least 2 hours (whereas I'm wearing it as watch, so continuously).
    Sorry, I'm not native English speaking, but I still miss some info I think.
    Sorry just realised I have the continuous monitoring turned off somewhere in settings as otherwise my battery would not last past noon.

Thanks anyway for your time and answers