MyDrive PC version - Not able to Select My Places — TomTom Community

MyDrive PC version - Not able to Select My Places

Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 231 [Exalted Navigator]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I normally plan my routes using MyDrive on my PC (Windows 10 PC using Google Chrome as my browser of choice) and send them to my Device (Go 6200) before leaving home to speed up my departure. :grinning:

However over the last few days when I go to plan a route using one of My Places the list of My Places pops out to the right as usual but when I move the mouse over to select one the screen list goes semi blank and only shows the right hand section of any long descriptions I have for My Places making if difficult or impossible to select a location. :thinking:. (I am resorting to selecting My Places from the map display to plan my routes).

I have noticed a few other changes on MyDrive - i.e font and other small changes, so "assume" it has been updated recently?

I have checked for this on another PC - using different browsers (Edge has the same issue - Internet Explorer which I have never used did not appear to run MyDrive correctly not even displaying the map correctly) and all exhibit similar issues so assume the problem is with MyDrive? :thinking: I will report this to Customer Services on Monday.

Anybody else seeing this ?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,857
    Superuser
    @Lost Soul

Think it is something to do with the latest version of Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106
    As it was OK when I looked at MyDrive 15 mins ago but when I went to check which version I had I was asked to relaunch Chrome to finish the update. When I then went to MyDrive I got the scrambled favourites and POI. But I cured it by going to chrome://settings/siteData?search=cooki then putting TomTom in the 'search cookies' box and deleting all 7 of the "mydrive.tomtom.com" cookies completely by clicking on the dustbin.

If necessary delete all the other TomTom entries except en.discussions.tomtom.com

All is now OK again
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 231 [Exalted Navigator]
    @Niall

You could be right.............:grinning: but I forgot to mention I had already deleted all my Tomtom cookies on both my and my wifes PC and we were both still experiencing the same "scrambled favourites" etc.

We too are on Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I have just deleted all our Tomtom cookies again and relaunched Chrome allowing it to fully exit without success.

It is so strange why we have for practical purposes identical setups and you have found a cure, but that same cure does not work for us?? :thinking:
  • MikeStratMikeStrat Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    As pointed out to me by LS, we have two discussions on this same topic going.
    See: MyPlaces Display Problem in MyDrive Route Planner

Mike
  • MikeStratMikeStrat Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I came up with a solution that works with my Rider 400, and perhaps for similar TomTom devices. It basically comes down to having to shorten the names of any Favorites and/or POI files that take up more than one line in MyPlaces on the TomTom GPS device (a Rider 400, in my case). Each name should display on no more than one line. This made the MyDrive Route Planner display problem go away for me!

For further edification and verbiage on this solution, see here: MyPlaces Display Problem in MyDrive Route Planner

Mike