TomTom Spark watch battery issue

thilton
thilton Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
my watch is 26 months old. currently i have been experiencing issues with battery life. ( not lasting more than 12 hrs from full charge) i have tried factory resets. Yesterday i experienced my watch starting to buzz continuously unable to stop this. When i now connect it i get a message say that it will be reset and fixed in a moment. Needless to say this hasn't occurred. can anyone please advise what to do in this situation. i am in Brisbane Australia.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    The battery life is probably just the watch getting old. For the buzzing I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed. If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.

You also may want to let the battery fully drain and then try resetting. If that does not work, you should call Customer Support. They can more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • thilton
    thilton Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    i am afraid my watch screen currently just has a few lines running across it so i cannot see anything to follow the above instructions. under the word tomtom on the face of the watch i have now a faint green light to the left , a red light in the middle and faint blue light to the right.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    thilton wrote:
    i am afraid my watch screen currently just has a few lines running across it so i cannot see anything to follow the above instructions. under the word tomtom on the face of the watch i have now a faint green light to the left , a red light in the middle and faint blue light to the right.
    You need to follow the instructions on your computer, not on the watch.