No traffic info — TomTom Community

No traffic info

Patrick De SchepperPatrick De Schepper Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
I have a GO6000 navigation with Lifetime service. There's a SIM card in the navigation system.
As of 9-8-2018 the traffic info service expired. How can this expire when I have a Lifetime service?

Comments

• dmclean2dmclean2 Posts: 98 [Master Traveler]
    it would appear my Go6000 has also expired its lifetime traffic service. Strangely I have just updated my Lifetime maps. Has there been an announcement that we may have missed ?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Clarify with support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Thanks for the contact details. I have checked the notified End Of Life devices and the GO6000 is not mentioned . Plus I have 14Gb memory free ..... Yes I have a 16Gb Micro SD card in it since the day I bought it.

Hopefully the 6000 has been accidentally lumped in with the other EOL devices

Cheers
  • Patrick De SchepperPatrick De Schepper Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It seems lifetime is no lifetime. Just updates traffic service at 79 euro for 1,5 year
    I have just replaced the battery in the GO6000. Not that hard to do but was taking every antistatic precaution I could.

Having the Micro SD card slot was a design feature to allow the addition of memory to cater for the ever lager maps and the Linux OS.

I will ask the question of TT support tomorrow and see how that plays out. ....
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,653 Moderator
    @Patrick De Schepper

We have made some changes on your account which will reactivate the Traffic Service.

But I also see that you have purchased a subscription online for which you will have to contact customer service and raise a refund request.

@dmclean2

The services should be reactivated again. Just do a soft reset and test the device.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • MaxxPuzzlesMaxxPuzzles Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    @Patrick De Schepper

We have made some changes on your account which will reactivate the Traffic Service.

But I also see that you have purchased a subscription online for which you will have to contact customer service and raise a refund request.

@dmclean2

The services should be reactivated again. Just do a soft reset and test the device.

Regards

Hi VikramK!
    I am facing the same problem as Patrick and dmclean2: the Lifetime Traffic is flagged as expired on my GO6000. Further, it even seems to be disabled in my account overview here on the TomTom website! Would a soft reset solve this ?
    Otherwise, may I kindly ask you to look into my account as well as see why Lifetime Traffic had been disabled/expired on my Go6000 ?

Thanks!
    Maxx
    Hi Maxx

Could you do a soft reset and test again?

Regards
  • MaxxPuzzlesMaxxPuzzles Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi VikramK,

I've just performed a soft reset and live traffic seems to be again successfully set to LifeTime subscription.

Many thanks for your help!
    Maxx
  • SundipJSundipJ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @VikramK
    I also have the same issue with Lifetime Traffic being flagged as expired. I've tried a soft reset but it didn't resolve the issue. Is there anything you can do to help resolve this?

Thanks,
    Sundip
    @SundipJ

Hi Sundip

A soft reset and it should work now.

Regards
  • SundipJSundipJ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you @VikramK it’s working again!